Thursday, July 24, 2014

Good Morning Good Morning

I feel like I have a ton of things to say and I'm not sure how to start this blog because everything is crowding in my head and it just needs to get out!

My summer is almost over, which is depressing because I am dreading going back to school in the fall. D.R.E.A.D.I.N.G...... it. I love my job, I like where I am right now and I just don't want to have to go back to feeling mediocre at something. Oh well though, I've already spent too much time in this so I'm going to see it out... which is what I tell myself every time someone mentions school. I can do one more year... I can do one more year...

I started doing the training for the half marathon and this morning I was looking at other plans and thinking that I'm not running enough mileage right now. I've never gone over 4 miles before so I'm constantly wondering if this is something that I can do. Is this a mistake. It is a huge fear of mine that I'll pay for this half marathon and realize after I try to run 5 miles that I can't do it. Then where will I be?

Another problem that I'm having is that when I run for a while either or both of my feet will go numb. I'm not sure if thats because of my weight or because of my shoes or what. I am just going to keep going with it. I've found that if I stop and stretch my hamstrings it helps. Not sure if its the hamstrings or just the stopping for a moment.

I've been doing most of my runs on the tread mill which is not that great really but its so dang hot here in Louisiana that I really don't want to go outside to run. I had to pick the hottest time of the year to start running I guess!

I did a 3 mile run on Tuesday and I ran the whole time at a 15 minutes a mile which isn't that great, but I did it consistently the whole time without walking and I think that that is fantastic. I've got another 3 miles tonight and I'm looking forward to see if I can do it again. I may try to do it outside if its not too hot.

Me after a run walking to my car in the rain!
I've also been trying to watch my portions during the week. Its REALLY hard to eat out and count points. I try my best but this weekend is going to be hard because I have a big dinner to go to on Friday and a Yacht trip to a marina to eat dinner on Saturday. I used up a lot of my points last night on the margarita I drank. In hindsight it probably wasn't a good choice.

I'm still not sure if I can eat my daily and weekly points and still lose weight. Last week I ate my weekly and lost. But I had like 55 points from activity that I didn't even touch. Mostly because I felt like I was eating a ton of stuff already and just wasn't hungry for more food. But this week will be interesting because I have the things this weekend where I KNOW I'll eat more than I probably should. Its nice going into the Friday party because I know where we are eating and what I can have to eat.

I've also been eating waaaay less bread. If I do eat it I try to eat only half the sandwich or if its a burger I just don't get the buns. I hardly ever eat crackers or toast or cereal anymore. Sometimes when I haven't had bread for a few days I will eat it and my stomach gets upset! Wild huh? I know I don't have an allergy to it, I just made this choice to try to fill my meals with healthier foods like veggies or good carbs like sweet potatoes. I made whipped sweet potatoes and they were amazing!

I know this is a super long post. But I've been meaning to post about this stuff just haven't had time lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment