Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Too Hot to Run

I am rethinking this whole half marathon idea. Not that I'm going to chicken out our anything. I just knew eventually I needed to actually run on the road and not on the treadmill. I have to say that the treadmill has been great to keep up a specific pace and to train me to keep that pace. But I don't like to run on an incline and so I always run at a negative number on the treadmill. 

Yesterday it was -slightly- cooler than it had been in weeks past, 89 rather than 95, and I knew I needed to get out on a trail and run. I decided to go to the part where I ran my first 5k. If I run around the lake once its not quite 1.5 miles. I had a 3.5 mile run to do and I thought I would have no problem  with it. The first mile went by and my legs were killing me, my hamstrings were so tight it hurt to move but I stopped to stretch a few times and off I went. About half way through the run at 1.5 miles I knew I wasn't going to make it. I kept talking myself through it, but it was hot, I was hot, there wasn't as much shade around the lake as I thought there would be. I had to pee and my feet were going numb so badly I ended up walking the last half mile. It was miserable. 

I'm not going to give up, just because I've had a couple of really awful runs this week doesn't mean I'm quitting. I have a run on Friday night that is 3.5 miles and I'll go outside for it too. I just hate that I couldn't finish it. 

I was happy that my first mile was right on track with a 15 min mile that I have been training with on the treadmill. So at least something went well! Note to self- next time I'm not going to wear a dark shirt and I may need to invest in some tank tops to run in. I hate my arms and I hate smelling sun screen when I run, but I need so relief if I'm going to be out there! 

DISTANCEPACEELAPSED TIME
1 mi15:09 min/mi00:15:08
2 mi16:35 min/mi00:16:34
2.8 mi18:03 min/mi00:15:17
Those were my splits for the run. Not that great... but it'll get better, I just have to slog through this hot weather. I guess its either run in the freezing cold or run in the heat!

I don't have a pic from running last night, but I do have one from my lunch today! It was an amazing taco salad. I love tacos! For the most part I eat gluten free. White bread is not for me! It gives me heartburn. 

Good news though I didn't gain any weight from this past weekend. Today was my weigh in day and it was exactly the same as last week! Huzzah! I am thrilled about this because I was scared that I was going to gain some weight. Now to keep on track this weekend. I have found that I do best at night with snaking when I do something with my time. So I've been trying to not watch TV because it makes me want to eat.

I'll leave you with this adorable pup picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment