Sunday, January 1, 2012

About Me

My name is Rachel Spencer, and this blog is about my goal to lose weight. When I first started trying to lose weight I weighed 285 pounds! It sounds like a lot... and it was.

I'm 26 and I have been married for two years! I don't have any kids, just 3 cats and a dog. I am currently in graduate school at Louisiana Tech, working on my MFA in Photography. Its time consuming and very stressful, but I am excited about the next two and a half years.

I love to read, cook, eat, watch TV, play with my dog and go to movies with my husband.

Back in May of 2008 my mom and I decided to go on Weight Watchers. I lost 20 maybe 30 pounds but it all came back. And if you have any experience with this yourself, you have probably done this as well.

Then I got engaged, and I went dress shopping, and I realized that I didn't like the way I looked. So like so many brides to be, I bought the dress a size smaller and lost weight to fit into it. Which is totally unhealthy and something I never should have done. I lost 40ish pounds. But it all eventually came back except for maybe 6 pounds or so. I never broke 280 again.

So that leads me to where I am today. Currently I am slowing working my way down to 125 pounds. I often fall off the band wagon and I did when I started grad school, but after my first quarter I'm determined to lose this weight. It literally weighs me down. I threw my back out in the beginning of the fall, and I know if I had been working out that I wouldnt have had it happen.

Around march I had started losing weight by doing Beachbody's Turbo Fire and drinking Shakeology. I had joined a challenge group but it eventually fell apart, and so after losing around 30 pounds I just got too busy and just stopped. I gained about 20 back and now I'm back at it. Like I said before, I keep restarting, when I first started I was 285, then I lost more and ended up staying around 279 for a while, and now I've been at 266 for a while, so I'm slowly losing it, gaining and losing but not gaining it all the way.

I have a ton more weight to go... but I'm committed to doing this. I write a blog just to help keep myself accountable, and also just for a place to talk about all this stuff. Its amazing how much better I feel when I can just talk about what's going on. It's one of my fitness goals to keep this blog, because it really does keep me on track.

Before I started losing weight, back in college

2008 when I lost weight

Bridal pictures where I lost weight! This is one of my favorites! I want to look like that again!

These are shots of when I lost the pounds on Turbo Fire this summer
The one of the far right is 10 pounds, then 20 then 30. All in three months!





This is me now!




No comments:

Post a Comment