Friday, June 28, 2013

Weighing In and Operation Weekend: Day 1

Okay so yesterday was my weigh in day. I've been doing WW for almost a month now. This was my fourth week on it and so far I've lost 9 pounds. So I only lost 1 pound this week, but to be fair its that time of the month, and so I am 100% sure that I would have lost more, if it had been a normal week. Not that it really matters, because in a couple of days the bloat will have gone away! I'll be interested to see what next week says, because I know my body pretty well by now and when its this time, I know I will have a hard time not gaining some weight.

I have to say that I'm nervous for this weekend. The past two weekends I havent gone out with my friends for dinner and drinks because I'm scared of being naughty! But then what do I do when I stay at home? I have a beer and order pizza, and then after that I just eat what I want. So I absolutely have to get my weekends under control. I also havent worked out the past couple of weekends. I do Zumba all week, sometimes 3 times (thats three hours, yo!) a day. I was running, but doing both the Zumba and the running was just too much. So I decided that I do want to keep running, but the best time to do it would be Friday, Saturday and Sunday because those are the days that I find myself straying because there arent any classes to take on the weekend.

I figure if I have a plan in place for this weekend, I wont be able to be bad. Honestly, during the week, its not like I deprive myself of anything. I have a skinny cow frozen treat every night after dinner, and that takes care of my sweet tooth and for lunch I have been eating this really good soup with brown rice. Snacks are hit or miss, sometimes I do juice, or sometimes I eat some tuna salad, or just fruit. So I dont feel like I'm missing anything. If I want chips with lunch, I buy a small bag of them, because I cant keep a big bag in the house without eating them all. So maybe I need to just plan out all my meals for the weekend as well, and maybe some treats :D too!

So today I decided that I would go to the gym at 2:00. I eat around 12, so it would give me 2 hours to digest and be between snack times so my stomach doesnt feel like its attacking me during my workout. When I first started running and swimming this summer, I would do it too close to my snack time and by the time I got to the swimming, my stomach would be rumbling like crazy! As I would do each lap, I would tell myself, one more lap closer to a snack!

When I signed up for WW, I decided to try out the ActiveLink, mainly because I'm always curious how much activity I'm really doing. Maybe its the OCD in me, but I always want to know exactly how much I'm moving and burning. Let me say that this thing isnt a Bodybugg by any stretch of the imagination. From what I can tell it's like a fancy pedometer. The really annoying thing is that it calibrates for a week, and it takes away your ability to put in activity points. So for a whole week, you dont know what your activity is. I like it okay. If falls off my pants a lot. I've lost it on walks with the dog twice now. So now I clip it to the elastic of my panties, so at least if it falls of, its not going to fall far!!

On a normal Zumba day by the end of the day, see 8:00 I get 100% activity. This is doing 2-3 hours of Zumba. You can tell how far along you are by taking the ActiveLink off your belt and laying it on a hard surface, and it will light up along the edges. There is a 100% on the left corner and when you get all the bars lit up to the 100% in green, you have hit your goal for the day. There are two more bars and so you can get even more past your 100%, so far at 4:39 today I'm at 113% of my activity level. That was only walking/running for an hour and swimming for 30 minutes. Sad thing is, that it takes me ALL day to get that when I do Zumba! I earned 9 Points Plus for that workout! Not bad I would say!
This is how much activity I've done today




When you hit 100% it gets excited and they all flash
ALSO HOLY COW!!! I have amazing/freaking awesome news!!!!!! I ran/walked 5k today in 40 minutes. Yeah!! I totally rocked it. I set the time for 60 minutes because I REALLY wanted to see how long it would take me to get to 5k. When I first started this about 5 weeks ago I was running for 15 seconds and walking for 45. Now I run for a minute and walk for a minute. I can run for about 5 minutes straight before I start to get really really tired. So I'm not quite ready for straight running yet, and I'm cool with that!

This is my sweaty super excited 5k face!
Next week is going to throw my schedule off, and it would have been thrown off no matter what because after next week, I start my summer class. I shouldnt be nervous about it, but I am. I'm nervous for next week because I'll be at my mom's house. There is nothing wrong with it there (love you mom!) but I wont have my Zumba classes, swimming pool, or my treadmill. So I will for sure have to come up with a plan for next week otherwise, I probably wont workout. I think though, that instead of Zumba I'll do the Turbo Fire workouts at the same time I would be doing Zumba. That way, I'll still have my schedule. Its just when school starts that everything will be thrown out of whack.

My class starts at 8, so I wont be able to go to the aqua Zumba class. There is another class that I was doing at 7 am on Monday and Wednesday and I wont be able to go to that. Technically I could probably swing it, but I would be going to school sweaty and disgusting two days a week. PLUS I have a work study, which I'll be working 20 hours a week. So no matter what, everything will be shaken up and I'm going to have to find new times to workout. Its only for a month, and for that I'm greatful! But I dont want things to change so soon! I feel like I've finally gotten into a groove and I dont want to mess it up (i'll stop whining now!)

Sorry this post is so dang long!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Blog posts. YAY!
    Zumba. YAY!
    Your pic shows a skinnier face. A skinnier you. YAY!

    ReplyDelete