Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tasty Tuesday! Oven Fried Green Beans and BLT Club


Omg.. my dinner was amazing!!!  This was such a fun recipe and very easy! Tonight I did Oven Fried Green Beans and a BLT club! And the whole meal was only 409 calories. Which is great for a dinner. I love things that are tasty, healthy and look good!






Yes this is as tasty as it looks, my iPhone does a really good job with photos! I would use one of my cool apps, but I decided not to, because it would throw off the color. I don't think blue turkey bacon looks good, but that's just me!

Okay so the recipes are as follows:









BLT Club

Ingredients:

2 ounces of chicken breast

2 pieces of turkey bacon

1 ounce gouda cheese (or whatever you have)

2 lettuce leaves

2 slices of tomatoes

I had made the chicken breasts before, and so they were grilled, but you can cook them anyway you want. Cook the turkey bacon in the microwave. Slice the cheese and just layer all of this on the lettuce leaves. I just used green lettuce.

You can do more than 2 lettuce wraps, but this is the serving for one person. I used a whole tomato and did it for 2 people, and so that way we didn't have left over tomato to put in the fridge.

Oven Fried Green Beans

Ingredients:

1 pound fresh green beans

1 cup of bread crumbs

1/4 tsp black pepper

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp garlic powder

1/2 tsp onion powder

pinch of cyanne pepper (if you want it)

pam, or other kind of spray

1 egg

Preheat the oven to 425

Wash and trim beans and dry throughly. In a medium bowl combine all the dry ingredients breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and caynne.

Whisk egg to break it up in another bowl

Coat a baking sheet with non-stick pam

Keeping one hand dry and one hand wet, dip a green bean in the eggs, lift out and shake off any excess egg, put green bean in the crumb mixture and coat completely, lift out and shake off any excess breadcrumbs, then transfer green bean to the baking sheet. To save time, you can do as many will fit in your breadcrumb bowl at once.  Just make sure to place them each in the crumbs separately.

Once all beans are coated put in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes.

Serve hot!

For a dipping sauce I used a ranch wasabi dipping sauce:


Ranch Wasabi Dipping Sauce

1 small container of reduced fat sour cream

1-2 tsp of prepared wasabi

2-3 tsp of powdered ranch mix. You can use more, just depends on how much ranch taste you want.

Just mix together and serve!








No comments:

Post a Comment