Tuesday, July 23, 2013

5% Progress

The past few posts have been kinda sporadic. Sorry about that! I mentally try to tell myself to blog at least twice a week, but to be honest, I dont have a lot of time! I guess thats a good thing, but I have a hard time sitting down and finding time to write!

The past couple of posts have been picture-less and while not boring not really visually stimulating. So I have finally gotten some pictures to share which I'm very happy about. 

This is a book I made!
One of my friends, who is in the book making class, and she also works up at the school when I'm not working has a second job and she had Saturday night off, and because this rarely ever happens we made plans to go out for dinner and get some drinks. I knew going into this that I was going to gain some weight because of water retention, I knew that I just couldnt drink the margaritas that we were going to have a dinner, and I knew that it was going to be hard and that I didnt want to get drunk because I had to run on Sunday. 

I weighed on Saturday morning and it was at 247 (*squee!!*) my 5% goal weight. But I knew it was subject to change depending on how I handled that night. I was bound and determined to have it back down to 247 by Monday for my weight in. I did good at dinner, I had a beer with my chicken quesadilla and chips. Afterwards I had three more beers... yeah yeah, but they were spread out over a 4 hour period so maybe that makes it not as bad? I also drank a TON of water with my beer. For every beer I made sure to get some water to go with it. I peed a lot, but on Monday morning I was right at 249. But thankfully today I was back to 247. So really it only took me a few days to get back to normal.

That leads me to say that I have lost my first 5%!!! A week early! That gives me one extra week to lose the next 5%, which is 13 pounds. I'm so happy to be out of the 250s. You have no idea. When I was going balls to the wall in school my weight was up to 272, and every time I would try to get back into working out I could NEVER get past the 250s. So goodbye 250 pounds, we shall NEVER meet again! 

Yesterday was a Zumba day and I didnt have the late shift at school (4-9 haha) so I actually had time to do things at home. My mom is coming to visit this weekend (yayaya!) so I need to clean up. Now, I know she would tell me not to worry about it. But I have been living at my house with barely enough time to cook lunch or dinner and no motivation to do anything on the weekends but rest and workout. So I desperately needed to clean up, because it might be barely habitable for me and Axel, but not for a guest. I got home at 4, and proceeded to clean until 6:00 when I left for Zumba, I got back around 7:15 and cleaned till around 9:30-10. I got my kitchen, dinning room, living room all cleaned a vacuumed. A ton of clothes washed, I mopped, but didnt get to vacuum and mop the upstairs where the rooms and my bathroom are. I did get the dog washed too! And myself because I was disgusting after that.
5k baby!!
Sunday (yes, I know I'm skipping around) I did another 5k run, it only took me about 50 minutes. I toned down on how fast I'm going so I can go for longer times. Today I was SO sore because of all that cleaning. I'm too old for this I suppose! Not too old to clean, but too old for marathon cleaning sprees. I'm decently in shape, but apparently not in good cleaning shape. When I went to the gym my favorite treadmill was taken so I had to find another one. I got on and looked at the incline and it said 0, and I was like why does it feel like I'm going up a hill if this incline is at 0? So about 25 minutes into my workout I realize and remember that the other treadmill I used is a -300 incline so I move it down three degrees and it was like I could suddenly move again! I thought it was because I was tired and sore from cleaning, and I'm sure that was part of it, but the other part was that incline! Whew! It makes a difference. I was barely able to run for 5 minutes today, whereas Sunday I was able to run for three stretches of 10 minutes. Maybe Thursday will be better. 

I really badly want to take a nap, but I'm scared that I'll over sleep when I need to be at the school. I want to go in early to get some work done on my book. 

Dont look at the next picture if you dont like blood! I cut my finger with an Xacto knife on Friday and this is the bloody pic of it! I'm a martyr for my art!


Eww!


1 comment:

  1. Your art loves you! So does your body. Congrats! Am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete