Friday, August 9, 2013

A Mess

This week has been a flat out mess. I have had week after week of good weight loss and healthy choices with food and exercise. This week started out okay, but I went to the boot camp. But things started to get off because this was the last week of my bookmaking class.

This class is for a grade, not just something that I picked up outside of school. I think with all the projects that I do I always bite off more than I can chew. The final needed to be a book with content and I picked a topic where I had to collect memories from my brother and mother. I also wanted to make them a copy of the book. I was required to make two for the class, so that meant making four over all. The book was a case bound book, which is basically what a hardback novel looks like. Its complicated and has a lot of steps, lots of places where things can go wrong. I made it more complicated by making the cover into something special with a house and a working door. Yeah... It took me a lot longer to make than I thought it would.

the cover of my book(s)
Part of the problem was that I had made the cover to fit the size of the pages, and the size of the page was determined by my longest block of text. Not all the text in the book was this long, a lot of the memories were really short stories or observations. So it had a ton of blank space. I filled it by staining my pages with tea and coffee. There are twenty pages in the book, so I had to stain 80 11x16.5 pieces of paper. It just took an insane amount of time.

The books were due on Thursday and Tuesday I flat out didnt have time to run Tuesday. I was at school late and couldnt get up in time for the boot camp, and I didnt have time for Zumba on Wednesday. I hated that I missed all of my workouts. Wednesday I was up until 4 am working on my book. I woke up yesterday at 7 am to get to school. It has just been such a long/short week. I couldnt fall asleep last night and had to get up to work at 7. I'm exhausted.

all the books i made the past 5 weeks
Yesterday, I didnt have time to cook, and I have been eating subway since Wednesday. Just because I didnt have time to do anything and I didnt want to eat fast food. Yesterday I ate a burger and fries. I'm paying for it today. My stomach is so messed up, I've been back and forth to the bathroom all morning. I havent been drinking enough water. This has been such a shitty week. But today I'm getting back on track. I am going to drink water all day long, even though I have a three hour drive to get to Arkansas. I am going to get up tomorrow morning and run. I'm going to do that on Sunday too.

I honestly dont expect to lose any weight this week, I will just be happy if I dont gain anything.

Wednesday was my 3rd wedding anniversary and I'm going home to Arkansas to celebrate with Corey. It will be good to see him! I just have to continue to make healthy food choices!

my last thursday night of work!


No comments:

Post a Comment