Friday, June 27, 2014

Summer Daze

As I stare at this blank blog with the little flashing thingie that moves when I type I'm kinda at a loss. Even though on the way to work this morning I said I would write a blog post today.

Kinda at a loss describes my whole life (except the weight loss part) I'm between school quarters, my husband is traveling, I don't know what to do next and I dread dread dread going back to school in the fall. I got a job, and it was supposed to only be for the summer... and now I don't want to leave. Like so many things in my life I'm faced with school which I have sunk two years, a lot of money, heart ache and tears into with the fact that I don't want to go back. I love my job. I really do. I work for a franchise and I get to take pictures, be creative, organize and do office work. Is it what I went to college for? No. Do I still love it? Yes.

So that's where things stand. I'll go to school in the fall, mainly because I committed to doing it and its not something that will be easily picked up again someplace else, and also I just want to be done. One more year... thats my mantra right now... One more year.

In all of this I've not lost a single pound. I always have great intentions. Somehow they always fall through. I'm not going to lie I feel disgusting. I remember last year going into August I felt great and I sure do wish now I had just kept going. But thats the weight loss story of my life!

Not to be a downer today. That wasn't my original intension. I'm back to Weight Watchers I think. I always seem to have some kind of success with it, even if they are robbing me of my money. I am also kinda between workouts. My coworker bought Insanity and I said I would do it with her. I like the calorie burn for only 40 minutes, but it hurts me. My joints hurt and I'm terrified that I'm going to hurt my knees to where I can't do anything at all because of all the jumping and stuff. I don't mind being muscle sore, but I sure don't want to be joint sore because I did something to myself. I also don't want to be a pussy about it. I know there is some pain in this, but I don't want to really get hurt!

I was snooping on someone's Facebook this morning and saw that they liked a page for The Dirty South Marathon. I can't run a marathon yet and I have only ever run 1 5k, no 10ks or anything even though I can bike a 10k. But when I started reading about it I was like... how cool would it be to be able to run a half marathon? What is stopping me from trying? So I looked up a running schedule. I haven't run all summer, but I was running when I was in school. One of the schedules I found was for 14 weeks. This marathon is 15 weeks away. It occurred to me that I could do this! I don't have much time but I think I could make time to do this. I work 7-5 everyday and have 30 minute commute to work and back each way. It makes for a really long day.

I have a hard time getting up at 5:30 am for work, so I don't know if I could get up earlier to run. I don't want to give all my evenings away, but if its the only option I have, I guess I'll be eating dinner later than I want and not having free time. Maybe I just need to lose the mindset that I'll have a lot of free time and think that the running is my free time and that I should enjoy it. I spent a lot of time last summer at the gym, but I haven't wanted to go this summer, but I don't lose weight unless I'm exercising.

I'm going to look at the half marathon training more today and see if this is something I really want to do. But I think I'm going to do it. Screw my own excuses. I can do this :D

No comments:

Post a Comment