Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 2

Okay I'll make a Tasty Tuesday post later after I eat dinner. I have something special up me sleeve for all the folks who like to be naughty and eat unhealthy things. It's a nice compromise, so come back later and read that post too!

So today was the second day of Turbo Fire. It was a HIIT day, or High-Intensity Interval Training. If you don't know what that is read about it here. I will explain a little just for people who don't want to click over to wikipedia to read about it. Basically its a 15 minute workout that is broken down into 9 intervals that last about 35 seconds. You go full out for those 35 seconds and then you recover. The point of it is to get your body to burn more calories while you are going about your daily life, which is called anaerobic exercise.

It was intense, the intervals themselves aren't too difficult until you get to the end, where there is a lot of hopping around. They do have a lady on the stage that is modifying the workouts, but when I went though the interval the first time I didn't get enough intensity doing the modifications, so when I was supposed to hop, I did a little hop, mainly because I can't pick my feet up too high like the people in the video. But I'll get there!! Yes it is only 15 minutes, but by the time it is over you are dripping sweat, your muscles are shaking and you are totally out of breath. There isn't any sugar coating in these workouts, which I really like, its just you come in, you work out and you're done. No fuss no muss! Well lots of both I guess but not on the video's side.

My main problem today was soreness. Did drink gobs of water yesterday to try to prevent this, but I just know that when you work out muscles that you don't use, they will be sore. And trust me, until I took a shower, they were screaming. I haven't had any aspirin or anything, I have another job interview and so I'm going to take some before I go.

Tomorrow I have the day off, which sounds like fun, but I think I'm going to Zumba, because I miss it. Plus, when I first started this I had decided that I would workout for 21 days straight because anything you do for 21 days is a habit. Plus Zumba is fun.

Last night was a very successful dinner which was a chicken marsala (healthy version), except that I didn't have any Marsala wine (I really did, but I couldn't find it) so I used a cabernet, which tasted great, I added asparagus, but I don't know how well I liked it. Corey doesn't like mushrooms so I wanted to find a good substitute, and I thought that the asparagus would be good... well maybe not so much. Or at least they needed to be steamed before I put them in. I let them cook for a while, but not long enough I suppose. Today we are all having leftovers for lunch, which will mean that lunch is heavy, with the chicken and the pasta. So I'm going to do something light and fun for tonight. I can't wait to try this out!!

My sleeping still hasn't recovered yet. I couldn't fall asleep last night, and I went to bed a 12. Not sure that I'm liking this very much. But more days of getting up early will help solve this. I've been so tired that after my breakfast and workouts I've been taking a short nap in the morning, which again, I guess is a bad idea because I need to go to sleep at night and the more tired I am the easier it will be.

I have another interview today, its a call back! I hope I get this job! I'll be back later with my Tasty Tuesday post!

No comments:

Post a Comment