Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Big game Sunday!!

So today I was super busy! I got up, watched some Ruby and ate breakfast. I weighed in a day early... but I'll wait till tomorrow to share what the news is.

I decided to go out and ride my bike today. When I had lost about 40 pounds before my wedding, I rode my bike all summer and I really missed it. It was great, I could go about 7 or 8 miles. Sadly today I could tell that I was really out of shape, and I think that I will be really sore tomorrow, but thats okay. I hate having the same workout all the time. Its always nice to shake it up. Despite the fact that it was 48 degrees today, I went out anyway. I wore black leggings with long johns under it, when I went skiing years ago I had these awesome long johns and they are stretchy, so by some miracle, I can still wear them! And they are skin tight and are good under leggings. I also wore a t-shirt and a big sweater. One day that sweater will be big on me. Anyway, it was coooold!!! Despite all my efforts to stay warm, its not like jogging where you are running and making the wind, its the wind from the bike that makes it bitterly cold.

I only went 4 miles, which I kept track of here with an app I got on my phone called map my run. Its cool, it shows my route, how long my route was, average speed and distance. I like to know what I've done. It wasn't anything like I used to go. About halfway into my old bike route, my legs started getting tired, so I just turned around and went back, I only went about 2 miles out, only to have to come back, which made it 4. I'm just very happy that I got out there and did it.

After I got done with that my grandpa and I put together my wedging table!!! I'm super pumped that I did it! Papa hammered everything but 4 nails, I tried to hammer more, but its hard to tell your 80 year old Papa to take a break, so the 4 nails that I did I snuck in. So we got everything done but the bottom, the shelf and putting the plaster in. I'm really proud of us!!




That's my Papa in the background!!

I didn't have time to eat lunch, so shame on me because I was so jittery after my bike ride, after having to pump up the tires, and then having wobbling legs and all that hammering- i forgot to mention that the nails were like 5 inches...- I was so hungry for dinner! And my brain was so fuzzy that I couldn't remember what I wanted to make for dinner for the game!!

All in all we had an amazing Game Day dinner: 

Roasted Cauliflower (my new favorite veggie)
Baked Fries with Parmesan 
Baked Chicken strips (OMG so to get my bread crumbs to stick I used a little butter milk and also some plain greek yogurt, it was amazing!)
Spinach Artichoke dip- which I'm going to give the recipe for
Skinny cow ice cream! 

Fun Spinach Artichoke dip!

1 small onion- chopped
1 package of spinach- water drained
1 can of artichoke hearts
1/4 cup fat free sour cream
1/4 cup Neufchatel cheese
1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
1 tsp garlic powder
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
pinch of salt and few cracks of pepper

preheat oven to 400

Blend it all together in a food processor or even just mash it up by hand if you like it chunky. Put it in a glass pan and bake until golden on the top. Serve with pita chips or tortilla chips!!

Sooooo good! 



No comments:

Post a Comment