Saturday, January 11, 2014

Day 2

I have my new video today. I just wanted to say that I'm writing these blogs a day before and then they go live the next day, so when you read this, I'll be on my third day. So today I REALLY didn't want to get up to go to the gym, so I didn't. I slept, which I think my body needed and I went later in the day. 

Its so weird to me when I really think about it, because for years I hated the idea of going to the gym. Hated it. I would rather work out at home over and over again, but now I would rather go to the gym and just get it done with. Come home and just go on with my day/night. Maybe it doesn't make sense but I just would rather do that. I thought about making out a workout schedule to do every day, but by now I know what I like doing, not that I'm not open to trying new things. I just know I like to get on the treadmill and walk/run. To me thats a fun workout. I don't have to think about anything. I also like Zumba and doing the reclining stationary bike. I enjoy doing the Turbo Fire stuff, especially for yoga and getting a good core and arm workout. So I'm sure I'll be doing all of those too. 

Today we had the third year grad students review of their work (i'm in my second year now) and it went well I think. But my friends wanted to go to eat lunch at Sundown afterwards. I knew I could get a salad, but I just got some nachos instead. They aren't bad except for being covered with cheese. They are chicken! So I decided to just have a green smoothie for dinner instead of something big to hopefully even it out lunch and dinner.

Here I said I wouldn't be writing a lot and I am. I guess old habits die hard! Last thing I want to say is that some of my friends are going vegan. Now, I know you are shaking your head, especially if you have read some of my past posts about my attempts at vegetarianism- and how that was a utter failure. In general I like the idea of not eating meat. I think if I REALLY REALLY applied myself and tried hard I could do the vegan thing. Maybe vegetarianism is harder because you are still tempted by dairy? I don't know. Before I dive into this I'm going to do some more research and try to plan more vegan meals during the week, that way if I do decide to do it, I can just slowly make my way into it rather than just jumping in full blast. I would like to experiment with foods and such and then try it for about 6 months to see if I feel different. 

Anyhow! Here is my video blog for today! 


No comments:

Post a Comment