Saturday, December 15, 2012

What would you do?

So today I woke up and my back was killing me, which isnt a good thing at all. I dont have time (or money) for my back to flair up again! So my one solution to this? Workout. I havent been lately because I have been so dang busy. But I'm going to have to now. If you dont know when I dont work out enough, my back starts hurting because of a pinched nerve I have (or at least thats what they tell me, no one ever says the cure for this thing, just how to treat it when it happens).

I was getting ready to workout (Turbo Fire 30) and I realized that at some point you just get to a point where you dont want to be the way you are. Its so frustrating to feel so powerless against your own body. I sabotage myself! For all my good intentions, I sabotage myself. If I dont eat on time, being hungry makes me cheat. I'm not saying its right, but there ya go. Thats just how I am. I eat when I'm bored. I wish I could just stop caring about food. I wish I didnt have to eat!

Today I'm working on video taping myself cooking, which when you're by yourself is an interesting feat. I have realized that I'm going to have to make at least two batches for this movie to work. So my bread is baking right now, and I'll just have to do it again as soon as it gets done.

Tonight/afternoon I'm going to a grad party with my fellow art grads. It should be fun. But my question in the title is what would you do if you didnt want your efforts for the day to go down the drain when faced with all the food that will be there? Eat before I go? Bring something healthy so that I have something to eat? I just dont know. Will it be hard? Hell yes, talk about frustrating. And there will be drinking. Do I want to drink? I mean usually I drink beer, but more than one beer is a lot of calories! I did workout, but I want to lose weight, not gain it! The stuff I'm bringing isn't even healthy food!

So what would you do?

Okay I'm going to go off on a tangent here real fast because of something that I just accidentally typed (but erased). So I almost just said "diet food" but then in an instant I got to thinking about how I'm not on a diet. I know they tout the lifestyle change vs. diet because of the connotation of the word diet. I actually happen to agree. I'm not on a diet, every day of my life I'm trying to make healthier choices so that I can be healthy. Whether or not it happens? Well, thats just part of the struggle!


1 comment:

  1. I think eating a healthy snack before you go to stave off that ravenous feeling, so you can nibble on things without feeling like you're starving. And bring something healthy that you know you can eat.

    Hang in there, it's a journey. Sometimes there are road bumps, but every bump isn't the end of the world. As hard as things get, as long as you keep walking, you're doing fine.

    ReplyDelete