Thursday, March 21, 2013

Challenges

Life if full of challenges, duh. Sometimes getting out of bed for me is just a challenge in an of itself!

Lately I've been motivated everywhere but in the weight loss department (see all the gummy snacks I ate for an example of that). I can honestly say that this will never get any easier. But I know so often I focus on the big picture, yeah I need to lose more than 100 pounds, but I dont know what that's going to look like. So I need to focus on now. As my mom says, "this is a marathon, not a race." So I was thinking about doing a little challenge for myself.

I have stepped on the scale two weeks in a row only to see it go no where. I know I'm going to have to fight tooth and nail for every pound I want to lose, so I'm just going to give myself a challenge for next week- Eat all my calories, drink at the minimum a liter of water a day, and work out for 45-60 minutes three times during the week. Yes next week is going to be crazy hard to make this happen. I have 18 hour reviews, a test, stress, work and a million other things but I need to do this for me. I keep forgetting that this IS important.

If you want to take this challenge with me I think that would be great! I would love other people to do this with me, there is something to be said for a group of people doing something together and the encouragement that comes from it. I think I might make this into a month long challenge, adding something healthy to do each week.

Week 1: Work Out Challenge!
1. Exercise three times during the week
2. Eat all my calories
3. Drink a min. of 1 liter of water a day

I realize that it is Thursday, but I dont really care. If you want to start your challenge on Monday go for it, I'm going to get a jump start on mine. So think of this as a warning that your challenge (should you choose to accept it) starts on Monday. If you already do these things, well good for you! Do them with us next week and when I add something to the next week's challenge you can do it too!

(When I get a chance tomorrow I plan to have a cool little printable card that you can print and keep, or put up to help keep you motivated)

Good Luck! Please post on the comments below and let us know how you are doing!





1 comment:

  1. I will accept your challenge. But will have to start either this weekend or Monday, as I'm still pretty sick and don't want to get worse. Good for you for setting small goals!

    ReplyDelete