Friday, March 8, 2013

Zumba!

So after a week of being incredibly lazy and eating whatever I wanted, I strapped on my bodybugg, grabbed a water bottle and went to a Zumba class in Ruston.

I was very nervous about going someplace I didnt know, I hate working out in front of people. Which is why the DVDs at home just work for me. I dont want to see my butt giggling around, and I would imagine no one else does either! I knew that from the last week, when I did it with Ashleigh that it was an amazing workout and would be worth my time if I just went.

Well I got there and it was okay. They got a late start, which kinda sucked because it started (or was supposed to start) at 7, and I was starving because I didnt want to eat before I worked out. The instructor was okay, not nearly as good as Ashleigh. But then I suppose she lets other people lead the class, so this bigger guy got up there and did a dance with everyone and THEN this lady named Marie (I think) got up there and finished out the night and SHE wiped the floor with us. I think I overheard that she was from Columbia, and so when she does these dance moves, it looks like she was born to it. It was amazing! And her routines were a million times harder. Yup, it was a great workout. I left sweaty and more sweaty.

It was only a dollar and normally I wouldnt be able to go to the Thursday night classes because I have to monitor at the Fine Arts building, so I will probably only go to the Monday and Tuesday classes there. I know there is another one at the Lambright Intramural center and I'm going to check that one out on Wednesday next week. I was told that those are really crowded, but maybe it wont be so bad on Wednesday.

I want to keep doing Insanity, but the Zumba doesnt feel like a workout, it just feels like fun. And I have a hard time talking myself out of it, because I enjoy it. The Insanity... not so much. But I'm going to do three days of it this weekend. So at some point today I'll get my lazy (and sore) bum off the couch and get to working out.



Ha! So I think I'm a pretty decent cook. I like to think that I can make a mean just about anything. I like to experiment and try new things. Well I really wanted to try a recipe that I saw at Runsforcookies.com. It was a recipe for lentil chili. I love chili especially any kind with beans in it! I'm always more than willing to try a new bean chili recipe! So I looked over the ingredients and didnt have half of them. I did have the lintels because I keep about a zillion kinds in my pantry because I love them.

Like I said, I didnt have an onion, brown lentils, diced tomatoes, beef broth (or any kind of broth for that matter or tomato paste, which is like half the recipe... BUT I figured I'm good a substitutions and I have other things so I wanted to try them. I DID have onion powder, crushed tomatoes, green, red and black lentils (I used the red), and water. I figured with those instead of the other things it would be great.

Well I put it in the pot like the directions said, let it cook for 45 minutes (it smelled great by the way) and went to check on it and do a little taste test... it was disgusting. Totally awful. How can something that smells so wonderful taste so terrible? What a waste! I cant eat it! So its going to be thrown outside for the neighborhood cats to eat. It tasted sweet, and I think the lintel substitution was the wrong one! Blerg! I really want to try the real recipe so when I get back from Arkansas this weekend I'm going to try again, this time, with the correct recipe.


I want to talk about one more thing. Well two actually. I randomly found a heart shaped Special K flake this morning. I took a pic of it. Hahaha!



On to the real thing I want to talk about. So tonight I'm going to a pot luck with my fellow grad students. I'm excited because these guys (and gals) are great fun, and it should be pretty tasty and exciting. So, I said that I would bring spinach artichoke dip, and if you knew what went in it, and how many calories it is, you probably wouldnt even want one bite because if you have one, you want another, its just that good.

Should I bring something that I know I can eat? They are doing burgers and I KNOW I dont want any of that mess. Bleh! So I'm thinking maybe doing some kebabs of veggies and having them grill those. I could do enough to share, that might be good. I like sharing. But when YOU go to a potluck and are trying to eat healthy how to you manage it? Do you eat before you go? Bring something that you know is healthy and only eat that? I know people dont want to eat my healthy stuff, but its for me, so I guess thats all that matters!

Have a good weekend! I'll have some pictures with my sweaty self after Insanity soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment