Wednesday, April 10, 2013

5:00 AM

I have decided that getting up before 6:30 is torture for me. Yes you read that right. I only had a 25 minute workout this morning, but I was going to get up an hour early. I feel asleep when I wanted to (I went to bed early at 12:15!) but I just didnt sleep well. I felt like I tossed and turned all night. The good think about working out is that I'll be able to sleep better. Yet another reason to exercise! Anyhow, I couldnt make myself get out of bed at 5:30, so I reset the alarm for 6:30 and went back to bed. I will have time tonight to workout, I just like to get it out of the way in the mornings.

I guess it was a good thing that I did, because my flat iron broke this morning (yes if you read that you realized that I didnt wash my hair this morning, or take a shower, dont judge! Most days I feel lucky to get up in time for a shower. I know my other grad friends feel the same way, because they make comments about it all the time...) and I would have been able to blow dry it, but not straighten it. For the most part I can make is straight when I blow dry, but its not really straight at the roots! Its hard to kill the curls close to my head! So I guess I'm going to just buy a better (see more expensive) straightener so that my next one doesnt go out in another 6 months. I would rather buy a better one, and have it last years, than to have one that goes out two times a year. I know my mom is reading this and saying two things: "I had to straighten my hair with an iron! I used to put my hair on the ironing board and try to make it straight" OR "I cant believe that you used a straighter enough to kill it."

Yesterday I had a really good dinner of steamed veggies, carrots and broccoli. I think I've said before that I just cook a bunch and put them in little baggies to eat during the week. I also had salmon and half a sweet potato. It was surprisingly filling and I really enjoyed the salmon. I just got a bunch of frozen 4 oz filets and cooked up two, one for last night and one for Thursday night, I'm going to put it in a tortilla with some cream cheese and make one of those roll up things. It'll be easy to take with me to work.

I had cooked some chicken tortilla soup in the crockpot Monday night/ Tuesday morning so it would be ready for lunch on Tuesday. I got up yesterday morning (I was going to talk about this yesterday but my post was super long) and it didnt taste right, because I did it from someone else's recipe and I had to change some things, like I just threw the chicken in there to let it cook rather than cooking it first and then putting it in and left out some spices that I would normally use for Mexican-esque food. So I added the spices and let it cook, but by the time I was ready for lunch, which I ended up eating in a coffee cup on my way to school, it still didnt taste right. I have a regular standby tomato and chicken tortilla soup, that I absolutely love that I would like to try to turn into a crockpot recipe. Its amazingly good, I just wonder if it would transfer well to crockpot mode, especially because everything in it is pureed (except for the chicken and tortilla strips!).

I'm kinda surprised that I have this much to blog about because I updated yesterday. I guess I just need to blog to make up for all the lost time. I am happy to workout tonight. I just need to make sure to keep up with it every day!


No comments:

Post a Comment