Thursday, April 18, 2013

Dear Rachel


This week has been so busy, and time has just flown by. I know its only Thursday but it feels like its been such a long time!

I'm just happy that tomorrow is Friday. The only problem is that at 8:00 I have to turn in the rough draft of my paper! I'm not that worried, I have about a third of it done and two more weeks to finish. I'm almost positive that I can get it done next week.

I have noticed that going back to eating healthy (even with frequent slip ups) that I have a lot more energy and stamina through the day. I generally eat the same thing all week, which is boring as hell, but easy on the food budget. Right now I'm on a salad kick. Mainly just a taco salad, but its still good! Maybe next week I'll try another salad out. First they are easy, and now that my stomach is better, they fill me up longer. I'm not getting more sleep, even though I have been trying to get into bed before 12. I have actually been drinking tea in the mornings because I have been dragging so much and instead of letting depression get to me and make me want to nap all day I've just been drowning it in a cup of caffein in the morning. Today I was so tired that I had a cup of coffee and two cups of tea!

I also had longer workouts this week. Today is my rest day, and every time I think about skipping the rest day and going ahead and doing the workout anyway I remind myself that this is how I get burnt out. Going balls to the wall with no break, this is a marathon and I have to pace myself to get to the end. I havent lost any weight this week. I wasnt very good over the weekend (and this one doesnt seem like its going to be much better) but I'm going to try my hardest to be as healthy as I can no matter how busy I get. Its funny I can eat healthy during the week, but when I dont have much structure to my day I panic and eat things that arent good for me.


I know many bloggers out there are talking about the Boston Marathon bombing and taking a moment to pause for the runners, and if you're into praying to say a prayer for all of those effected by that tragedy. I didnt know it happened until my Facebook exploded with the news that night. And now the Waco Texas explosion. Please keep everyone involved in these things in your thoughts and if you feel so inclined- prayers. I would also like to say, and my mom reminded me of this, that for all the bad things that are happening, there are good things too. I told her that if I was ever in an emergency like that I hope I would have the wherewithal to be as brave as the people who jumped those barriers at the marathon to help the wounded. Thank you to all those wonderful and brave people who fought their fear and helped-especially not knowing if they were putting themselves in danger.


I saw this on Facebook today and thought I would share it with you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment