Monday, April 15, 2013

Lunch

Today I had a uniquely interesting lunch. I'm not gunna lie, for the most part, I usually end up going home for lunch. I dont get out of the two buildings I know my way around in, the first floor where I work (cubbie where I work, bathroom, water fountains and the way out!) and the fine arts building. I know the building with our studios, but thats not really considered a building. So I dont eat on campus really, unless its at McAlisters, which I always take back to the fine arts building.

Today, I had parked really far away, and I knew by the time that I walked to the car, drove home and ate I would have to park super far away again and I would be late. I decided to just eat on campus, but I really didnt want Mcalisters again because its expensive! So I it was 12 and I was just going to walk around and try to find the student union (yeah I've been here almost a year and I dont know where that is... sad) and I decided to just follow a bunch of guys, because I figured they would lead me towards food. And I was correct! I wound my way through a building and viola! I found the food court. I got a taco salad (which was really good and very filling by the way!) and found a place to sit outside on a picnic table under the shade.

Not too long into my salad, some girl came up and sat by me and introduced herself as Jaylo or maybe it was Jen-o or something. I'm horrible with names! Anyway it was nice to talk to someone and we sat there and munched on our salads and talked about school and classes. Then the table behind us cleared and another guy sat by himself and we invited him over to sit with us. It was cool, I forget how college is sometimes. Mainly because this wasnt my experience the first time around, and most of the time I have my head shoved so far up whatever project I'm working on, that I cant see anything but what I have to do to get by.


Eventually another girl I knew from the art department came up, who knew the Jay-girl and we started talking about art. Jay-girl is a art education major. It was cool, and as I walked back to work it made me realized why I love college so much, and why it rocks. It made me want to stay! Who wants to leave when you can teach here too?

This weekend was so dang busy! I told on friend Joli that I would come and help her set up for her show. Saturday I went up there and helped her put beetles into the ceiling and walls. I was up there for 5-6 hours and finally went home around 7. On Sunday, I worked in the building and helped her a little more, mainly just moral support as I sewed pillows.



I have a project due tomorrow (along with a quiz and a test) and I made a bunch of pillows for it, I had made 56 for my chair, which goes with the project, and I tested it out on a spare recliner at my house, because the real recliner I'm using was in my studio, 56 just didnt seem like enough pillows! So I ended up make 101 (really 100, because I found a pillow case on the floor of my house I guess I dropped when I was leaving) and I had to sew them all yesterday and do the image transfers before I could stuff them and sew them shut. But I finally got that finished!



This week is going to be crazy, besides all the things I have due tomorrow, Friday I have a rough draft and outline due for my first year grad paper, and my family is coming down this weekend to see the quilt in the gallery in Monroe! My house is a wreck. A huge wreck, so I have to clean. I figure if I can clean one room a day for this week, then I'll be able to get everything done before they get here on Friday night. Gaaah! Its only Monday! Haha!



No comments:

Post a Comment