Monday, January 30, 2012

3 weeks!

Ahh the only good thing about Monday's are looking at the scale to see how much weight I have lost! Is it sad that's the only good thing about Mondays?

I lost 2 pounds this week! I weighed myself on Friday, and had lost 2 pounds, and I did it so I could stay motivated to not overeat or cheat. And it worked!!! I'm super excited that I didnt gain any weight. Now I have 3 more pounds to go before I lose my first 10!! So this week I'm going to take a look at how many calories I need to be eating and do some adjustments to my diet, and I'm also going to work out every day. I want to lose these 3 pounds!! I'm ready to have gotten rid of my first 10 pounds in a month! I will be well on my way to my 21 pound goal of April 7, which is my first 10%!
I'm going to look at Sparkspeople, and also My Fitness Pal on my iphone. I can do weight watchers, I'm keeping the account for the recipies, but I really want to keep a cap on what I'm eating, rather than getting allowances for any mistakes I make. I need to be held accountable. Its also going to be difficult because of the Super Bowl! I'm going to a party and I know I'm going to be tempted to eat things I shouldnt.
I know they are having chicken and hambugers. So I'm going to plan to eat the chicken, and I think I'm going to bring a veggie tray, that way I know I'll have food to eat while I'm there. I'm also going to stay away from sweets for game day. And I can fill my plate, and still feel good about what I'm eating. Maybe I'll bring some cheese too! Love me some cheese. I've been eating cheese lately, I know it's high in fat, but it keeps me full longer, some cheese with some cherry tomatoes and a few pita chips make an amazingly good snack. I also found these dole fruit cups, usually I'm all about fresh fruit, but these fruit cups have granola in them and keep me full from my afternoon snack all the way to dinner, which includes my workout and cooking dinner, the most active part of my day. I think once I get a chance, I'll do my own granola and do a fruit cup of my own, but these are awesome. Mix in the granola, nuke it in the microwave for 30 seconds and its a nice warm snack for a cold winter day!


Okay- on my lunch break today I looked at my Fitness Pal, and it told me that I could only have 1400ish calories, and that's just not enough for me. I don't know what this thing is thinking, I looked at Sparkpeople and they recommended more around 2200 calories, which seems more in line with what I'm comfortable with. I have absolutely no intention of starving myself. If I do that, then I'm sabotaging myself, because if I'm hungry I'm going to go and snack on whatever I can find. 

I have a couple of pictures today, the first is a picture of me I took on my phone after I worked out I think my eyes look weird, but its cook to see what I look like a week later, just in the face! 


My second picture is leftovers, I've recently taken a liking to leftovers. I've always loved leftover tacos, but to be more frugal- we saved 80 bucks this month because we didn't eat out!- I've been taking leftovers to lunch at work. I don't have to go out to eat, and I don't have to leave work. 30 minutes isn't very long for lunch and I just don't have time to go get something and eat it. Today I had Lentil and Beef soup/stew. It was good, and we got to use some of the 10 zucchinis that my grandma got for us! 


If leftovers looked this good, everyone would want to eat them! One of them is my new favorite bean taco. Yum! I want the protein, but not the fat that you get with the beef, plus if you put beans with something, you can make it last longer and it will keep you full.

I'm going to post what I ate today- even though I keep a journal, just so you have an idea of what I eat during the day:

Breakfast 6:15- 1/2 bagel, 4oz activia, 1 banana

Snack 9:00- 1 serving pita chips, 1 cup cherry tomatoes, 1 babybell

Lunch 12:00- Beef and Lintel soup- 1 1/4 cup, 1 serving vanilla wafers, 1 cup baby carrots

Snack 2:30- dole fruit cup with granola

Dinner 6:00- 2 beef tacos, 1 bean taco all with little big of cheese, tomatoes and lettuce
                      1 weight watchers ice-cream toffee bar and 1/4 c of  beans

Snack 9:00- 1/2 serving multigrain pita chips, 5 cherry tomatoes and 1 babybell

I had 2- 16oz of fruity tea, and about 4-16oz bottles of water at work and 4-12oz glasses of water at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment