Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tasty Tuesday- Taco Style

So another week has gone by! I've been blogging for a week! (that was really yesterday, but today was the day I noticed)

I want to make this short and sweet, so I have a couple of things to say.

1. I feel awesome, I am just getting to the point where I have a ton more energy because of the food change and because of working out. And getting a solid 7 hours of sleep. I have been going to bed at 11 every night.

2.5. I Zumba-ed again tonight!!

2. I was throwing pots tonight and I cut my finger. it was really stupid and I'm not sure what I cut my finger on, it was enough like a paper cut, but I couldn't keep going with all that mud. So I improvised because I had 2 more batts (plastic things that I throw on) and I wanted to throw all of them. I only have 6 so far, but when I need more after using them, I just cut my new pot, mug, etc off the bat and clean it and reuse. If that made any sense. So back to my story. I cut my finger, and tried to clean it the best I could and I had to keep going to I have an apron in my studio and a machete and I took the machete and cut the end of the tie on my apron and tied it around my finger. And then I threw two more pots!

Okay so tonight for Tasty Tuesday I'm going to tell you my favorite recipe of all time. And sadly I don't have exact measurements for the spices, so I'm going to just guess and you can add the spices to your own liking.

Taco Tuesday

2 pounds of ground beef
1 can of tomato sauce
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
Pinch of cyanne powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 can of water

Taco fixings-
Lettuce
Tomato
We do a can of black beans and then all the same taco spices with it
we do corn taco shells because it only has so much room
cheese

brown the beef- drain off the fat
Add the tomato sauce and all the spices and the water- it will look very watery- you will cook until all the liquid is cooked out maybe 15-20 minutes depending on how hot you have it, I usually put the burner on medium or medium low. It gets all that flavor in there! Remember to add more seasonings as you see fit. Again I LOVE cumin, so I always go a little crazy with it.

Assemble tacos and eat!

This will do way more than the 10 crunchy tacos that come in the package. I usually say 2-3 tacos a person, so 10-7ish servings. Not bad for 20 bucks!

Vegetarian Style: And if you want you can make this a vegetarian dish by just heating up 1 can of black beans with the juices and adding all the same spices to it. Cook for about 15 minutes. And put in the taco shells with the fixings. SOO good, sometimes I have a beef taco and a bean taco.

Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment