Thursday, June 7, 2012

How Hard Is It?

Hello! After a week plus hiatus from working out (I did work out once last week...) I am back at it. And today kicked my ass. As I was working out today I thought of something that I wanted to talk about on my blog. Something that people forget when they start an endeavor to lose a large (or huge) amount of weight.

This is hard. Its hard. Losing weight is hard.

There are so many little things that make the journey worth it, fitting into a pair of blue jeans you have had for years. Fitting into a tshirt that was tight. Not having to stretch out a tshirt just to wear it. Looking at the outfit that you went on your first fancy date with your husband and knowing soon, you'll be able to fit into it, no matter how small it seams. Having people ask how much weight you have lost.

Those are wonderful things, and they make this journey so worth it. There are also things that make it hard, going to your favorite restaurant and knowing that what you want will make you gain two pounds from the salt alone. Looking at thin people and wondering if that will ever be you. And so many more things to count. The one that has been bothering me lately is that you have to mentally tell yourself that you are going to do something. Its all in your head, yes I am going to work out today. No, I'm not going to go to Sonic and get french fries (bleh!!). Yes, oatmeal really is a good lunch. All those tiny little decisions that you (or me!) make every day to lose the weight.

Is it worth it? Hell yes. Is it hard? Hell yes. Do you have to tell yourself every day that this is something that you want? Yes.

I'm coming to realize that I can't beat myself up for every little mistake. Did I drink enough water today? No, but I can't do anything about it, except to drink the right amount the next day. Did I work out? No. And when I say that to myself, and I say I'll do it tomorrow, I REALLY have to mean it.

In the end this is for me. In this one instance, I need to be selfish. I am doing this because I NEED to lose this weight. I'm doing this for better health, to learn on the way to love my body, for my health when I get pregnant, because I deserve this.

I really and truly believe that everyone deserves to be healthy. When I started Turbo Fire, and doing the Shakeology, my beach body coach asked me why I wanted to do this, and I told her that I deserved it. That even though I have put my body through hell for the past 10ish years, that I deserve to be healthy. Its one of the best presents I can give myself. And now, even though its hard, I'm going to have to fight for it, because I can't afford to get comfortable. I have lost 26 pounds, and I have more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment