Thursday, June 14, 2012

Good days!

Today was a good day! I woke up and ate my shakeology! Yum! I knew that I was going to have to workout today so I just made up my mind to do it, and once I realized that I had to do it, I felt much better.

After I got up, I knew that today was going to be bath day for Axel the puppy. He is so little and so close to the ground, that he picks up dirt easily. I brush him every day, and that helps some, but he just needs a bath. It'll be better as he gets older, just because he won't be so small! Anyway, so I ran some warm water in the tub, because I read that rather than holding him down in the sink I should give him some room to move around. All he wanted was out once he got in, considering it was only his second bath ever, I am willing to believe that eventually he will come to like them.

So after the bath was over I took him outside to sit in the sun, because it is warm and he shivers. Plus he dries faster that way. I don't feel comfortable using the hair dryer on him yet, because he is so small. So the sun it is! I tried to pick a time when he was a little calmer, but he wanted out of my lap, I was sitting in the carport with him in my lap and he took a flying leap out of my lap and I tried to grab him and instead tipped him to where he did a half flip in the air and the hit the concrete (next time I swear I'm going to do this in the grass, damn the bugs!) and smacked his head. He whimpered and cried and started to shiver and it just about gave me a heart attack. I held him and pet him and tried to calm him down. I wish it would teach him not to go jumping out of my arms, but he promptly forgot about it and after more brushing and petting fell asleep.

He is fine. Nothing bad happened but I was worried that I had broken my poor baby. It just breaks my heart when something hurts him, and this time it was me!! I'm a bad puppy mom!

After that I worked out, I had a 25 minute HITT class and then a 30 minute Toning class. I don't know if these workouts will ever be comfortable, but I read that if it is easy then its not working, and these "aint easy"!! I'm just glad that I did it instead of blowing it off.

I went and helped my grandma cook for family dinner night. I had yummy black beans and rice and I also ate a lot of fruit. It was great. On my way home I decided to indulge in a small treat from sonic... little did I realize that a "small treat" is 890 calories!! Next time I'm picking something else. I had a small batter blast. It was good, but not that good!!

I decided that yes, I love sweets, no I can't eat them all the time, but if I don't have something now and then, I'm going to do something bad like eat half a box of cookies from kroger  and eat too much of something that I really don't want. I mean the whole point of this lifestyle change is to make the changes I need in life to lose weight, but also make it something that I can do for the rest of my life! And I will eat sweets for the rest of my life. Thats just all there is to it. So I'm not going to beat myself up for what I ate today, because for the most part, I did really good!


Here is a breakdown of my day:

Breakfast: 1c Almond milk, Shakeology, 1 Banana, 1tbsp almond butter: 461

Lunch: 3 oz chicken, fried okra, 1 tomato, 1.5 cup of watermelon: 465

Dinner: 1 c Black beans and rice with sausage, 2 small pieces of cheese bread, 2 c watermelon, 6 cherries, small salad with sprinkle of cheddar cheese and tomatoes, 1/2 tsp raspberry vinaigrette:  513

Post Dinner: Sonic Batter Blast: 890

Total: 2330

Not that happy that the sonic blast was almost 900 calories, next time I'll get something smaller. Maybe the kid size. Or I'll get something from the store that I can eat less of. I thought at the time that it was too much ice cream... oh well! It was good!!


No comments:

Post a Comment