Monday, June 18, 2012

Mini Lasagna Cups + Good News!

I FINALLY lost 30 pounds!!!! I'm stoked about this! I can't believe it. I've done Turbo Fire and Shakeology for three months and I've lost 30 pounds. Tomorrow I'll post some pictures! I told Corey today that if I lose 10 pounds a month, by December I can have lost 90 pounds! But I'm not going to get ahead of myself here! Sometimes it's just good to take it week by week and month by month. Sometimes I can't even look months ahead because sometimes its all I can do to get through a day!

I realized just now that I am out of the 250s. That is totally exciting. And I can't wait to be even less. In the past three months I've had great weeks and not so great weeks (you can go back and read about them! Ha!) and I'm really impressed that I've been blogging that long! Usually I crap out about a month into it.

Besides the exciting 30 pounds, I didn't do anything really exciting to day. Although I have an AMAZING dinner for you! But first calorie breakdown for today:

Breakfast: 1 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup blueberries

Snack: 1 nectarine, 10 almonds

Lunch: 3 Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls, 3/4 cup roasted broccoli, 1/2 cup carrots, 10 cherries

Snack: 1 egg, 1/4 cup spinach, 1/2 ounce pepper jack cheese, 1/2 piece of flat bread, 5 cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup carrots

Dinner: 3 Lasagna Cups, 1 cup of salad mix with 1/2 an apple, 1 tsp vinegar, 1/2 tsp olive oil

Snack: Shakeology, 1 cup almond milk, 1 tbsp almond butter, 1 banana

Thats it! Total: 1967 calories

Workout: 20 minute 5k training, HITT 15 (today was my day off too!)

Water: 4-5 liters

On to my recipe!!

I got the recipe off of Pinterest and I don't remember where, but whoever made this... they are so good!

Mini Lasagna Cups:



Makes 18

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound raw ground turkey
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1-2 portobello mushrooms (mine was HUGE so I only used one), chopped
  • 14.5 oz can of crushed tomatoes, or tomato sauce (I used diced and it was great)
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 3 tsp dired oregano, divided
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1/2 tsp dried basil
  • 15 oz of part skim (or low fat) ricotta cheese
  • 24 small square wanton wrappers
  • 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese

 Directions:

Preheat oven to 375. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the turkey, onions, mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper. Crumble the meat and sauté the mixture for about 10 minutes, or until turkey is cooked through.

Add the crushed (diced or sauce) tomatoes and 2 tsp of oregano and the bay leaves. Bring the mixture up to a gentle boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.

Simmer for 10 minutes
In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, pinch of salt and pepper, leftover oregano, and the basil. Stir to mix well. Set aside.


Coat a 12-cup and 6 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Place 2 wonton wrappers in the bottom of the 18 cups. I found that if you put them in diamond shaped, they tend to take up more space and overlap better, press the wrappers into the muffin pan.


Take the ricotta mixture and place it on the bottom of the muffin cups, dividing it up between the 18 cups. Then using the turkey tomato sauce, spoon it over the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle the top with the mozzarella.
Take the ricotta mixture and place it on bottom 

Then the Tomato Mixture

Lastly the Cheese

Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Let them cool and serve them!


This is how hard the "kitchen crew" works

 These are so good! And, while I don't have kids, would be really fun for kids to eat! They are super easy and very tasty. If you have picky eaters, and they don't like turkey, I promise they would never know it wasn't beef. Honestly when I pulled them out of the oven, it looked just like beef.

I served mine with a salad made of baby spinach, carrots, apples, vinegar, lemon and olive oil.


 Calories: 158 for each cup! Not bad!

If you want to know all the nutrition info just let me know. I have it, just didn't write it all down!

I'm going to leave you with a picture of the "baby" sleeping.


Axel with a full belly! I want a giant pillow like this!





 


1 comment: