Tuesday, June 19, 2012

TMI

This may be a "too much information" post so if you don't want to read it, feel free not to, but before I get to that point, (I'll leave a warning when I do get there) I'm going to show off my pictures. I should love to post pictures of me, but I still don't like the way I look. And I still feel icky posting pictures. But the cool thing about these pictures is that you can tell what a difference this workout (and diet) have made on my body.





Well I guess I don't have a lot to say about these except that you can tell a difference! I'm also wearing a different bra, and I should have thought about that. But the other bra doesn't fit like it used to.

I'm especially excited that my belly is going away. And I can tell a big difference around my face. I measured today and I've lost 2 inches off my bust, and 4 inches off my hips. I don't remember the measurements off the top of my head (I have them written down someplace) but yeah, you get the idea!

Now... (TMI Starts NOW)




Okay so, one of the annoying side effects of all this weight loss, is that about a two months ago I started to have a period every other week for two weeks. I have always had erratic periods, probably because of my weight, or genetics, or whatever. Who knows! So I decided to give the good 'ol gyno a call and set up an appointment.

I knew what they were going to tell me before I ever made the appointment, but I wanted to go to make sure that everything was good down there. Well I went a month ago and I totally hate all the instruments and such but hey, it just goes with the territory. My mom told me that they used to use metal pokey things that they kept in the fridge! Can you imagine?! Thank God they didn't keep them in the freezer or they would get stuck to your skin. That would be horrible...

Gynecologist to patient "Ma'am, sorry but it's stuck..."

What an awful mental picture. Anyway, they told me that I was going to need to get on birth control to regulate my periods. Well that's what I knew they would tell me. I can't stand birth control. I took it for about 3 months when I first started college, and I was a mess. I cried all the time and was a mood swing waiting to happen. And so I got off of it because it made me insane. Then right before I got married I decided to give it a go again, because maybe in my mind I was exaggerating how I had felt 6 years ago. Well I didn't exaggerate it because that was exactly how I was again, even with a different brand.

So you can well imagine that I DID NOT want to get on birth control again, but it was either that, or have a period every for 3 weeks out of the month. So I started (much to my husbands delight) birth control again. Sometimes I can tell that I'm getting over emotional in a situation that I normally wouldn't be so upset about, but for the most part, this brand of pill is working for me. I'm using Generess and I imagine its probably a REALLY low dose of it. I've spotted pretty much all month, but nothing like it was before. The Gyno said to give it 2 months, so on Thursday I'll start my second month.

Heres hoping that it turns out okay, because I don't want to get a shot, and I sure don't want an IUD... bleh! I have heard for women who haven't had kids they really hurt, and I don't want that. Plus I've also heard that your partner can feel it when you have sex. Not sure about the source on that one, heard it from a friend's sister :).

I guess this wasn't really a bad post, but I figure that you just gotta post whats going on in your life, and this is my life... if you don't like you didn't have to read it :)

Here is my calories for the day:

Breakfast: 1 cup cooked oatmeal, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup strawberries

Lunch: 3 Lasagna Cups, Small Salad with 1/2 and apple and 1/2 tsp of oil and vinegar for dressing, 10 cherries

Snack: 2 eggs, 1/2 oz of pepper jack cheese, 1/2 portabello mushroom, 1/4 cup spinach, 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup carrots

Dinner: 4 oz crock pot chicken, 1 whole wheat tortilla, little lettuce and tomatoes, 1/4 cup black beans

Snack: Shakeology, 1 cup almond milk, 1 tbsp almond butter, 1 banana

(Same old same old.... pretty boring huh?)

Workout: TF Fire 45 EZ

Water: 4 liters

Total Calories: 2038

1 comment:

  1. You're looking great, and doing great! So proud of you. Thanks for all the yummy, healthy meals this week, and the encouragement to keep on being healthy.

    Go you!

    ReplyDelete