Friday, May 18, 2012

Confessions

They say that confession is good for the soul, so I have one to make, but I'll get to that later!

This is how the Festival is set up, it looks empty because everyone was in my line!
So today my office (remember, still have a part time job! But part time is better than no time!) went to the Greek Food Festival you know the thing that I was blabbing about during yesterdays post. I was soooo excited, but the best time of the year turned sour! We went at lunch, we even went early so that we would beat the rush, well I think that the rush thought the same thing. Plus they were just starting to cook and so they were backed up.

My lunch: Falafel, Pita (wrapped in foil), Tabouli Salad and Hummus
My favorite thing of all time is the falafel, you can't get it like this anywhere else. Trust me- I've tried (hence my overweighted-ness). No one makes it as good! We all got in what we thought was the line and it was suuuuper long! I mean gobs of people were in this line, and we waited and waited and waited until finally one of the volunteers came up and told us that we could get in the line for the type of food we wanted. There were three different ordering areas and each had signs by it that listed the different foods they served. One had Souvlaki, which is a kabob with part of a pita wrapped around it. They had Spanakopita at another, "Delicate filo dough brushed with butter and layered with a filling of feta cheese, spinach and herbs." - Yum right? Then the third was the falafel with hummus. 
Yum Falafel, up close!
Well apparently you could order any of the things on any menu from any one of the lines. They didn't do it like that last year!! And the guy that was telling the people this, did get far enough back for other people to hear, which included us. So I only heard part of it, and went to find the line for what I wanted to eat. So  after another 10 minute wait, I got my food, and the rest of my friends were still waiting because they didn't switch lines. I went and found seats for us and then ate lunch! And I waited and waited and waited. They waited about a hour for food, including the time that I had stood in line.
All my coworkers waiting in line!


Not to mention that it was hot. Did I say it was hot? It was, not a cloud in the beautiful blue sky. The high today was 88, but we read 92 on our way back to the office.

Me and Phillip waiting in line! Love this!
Finally everyone gets back with their food, and the greek salads with the Souvlaki meat that my friends got were awful! One person had all lettuce and dressing and the other person had all the cabbage, olives, feta and no lettuce! Plus they said that the salad was hot and wilted. I felt really bad for them. Everyone felt kinda queazy from standing in the sun for so long, and then eating a hot meal. So we left, mainly because I needed to get back to the office to get to work!

Cooks out in the sun!
We were going to go back tonight for Corey's birthday, but it just didn't happen because Phillip, my brother, who had gone with the office to the festival (he had the salad with all the stuff and no lettuce) rebelled and said that he would walk home before we went back tonight! So we ended up going out to eat!

Now comes my confession... I ate way more food than I should have today. I logged everything I ate, but I really think I ate more than what it said I did... so I'm estimating maybe 200-300 more calories than the bodybugg program said.

That confession over with... at dinner our waitress brought out chocolate covered strawberries for Corey's birthday, and I ate one. Corey was giving me such a hard time about it, and I finally had to tell him to quit because I was already giving myself enough of a hard time, I didn't need his teasing to make me feel worse. I guess the good part was that it was yummy, but most of it was a fruit! It had semisweet chocolate on it and real whipped cream. Yes I loved it, no I'm not going to go out tomorrow and eat myself silly on sweets. It was nice, but I'm just going to keep on trucking and ignore other sweets. Is it sad that I could refrain from eating sweets on my birthday but on Corey's I couldn't? Hmm...

I'm posting the screen shot of my phone of what my bodybugg says I've burned and eaten and such so you can get an idea of what I do during the day.


Cool huh? Only needed 529 steps to complete the day! The Calories Deficit on the side is how many calories I burned during the day

 It has these cool graphs that you can see, but mainly only when you plug it into the computer. I plugged mine in for an hour this morning so there isn't anything on the graph past 6. The funny thing to to me is that it recorded me getting up at 3 and 4 am and taking steps... I did get up at 4 to pee, but I don't know what happened at three!! Maybe I sleep walk? You can see it below!

You can see that little bit at three and then at 5:30/6 for my workout


Tomorrow I have my regular workout, but I want to make sure to get out and do my Couch to 5k! I'm super excited about it. Maybe I need to find a race and just resister for it, one that is in two months, so I have motivation to get out there and run!



No comments:

Post a Comment