Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Tasty Tuesday on a Wednesday!

Yes, you did read that correctly! I totally forgot about Tasty Tuesday so I am here to offer up an amazing meal that we had tonight (last night I was still cleansing, so nothing good was cooked to offer up!)

Tonight I cooked Gourmet Sandwiches, which is really just a yummy Eggplant and Goat Cheese Sandwich with creamy tomato basil soup!

So here it is- I'm getting straight to the recipe and then I'll tell you about my awesome day!

Eggplant and Goat Cheese Sandwich

Ingredients:
1 eggplant
1 red bell pepper
1 bunch of spinach
1 oz of goat cheese per sandwich
2 tbsp store bought pesto (or you can make your own)
Pam cooking spray
salt and pepper
bread- I used a whole wheat baguette 



Preparation:
1. Preheat broiler.

2. Arrange eggplant slices in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet. Spray both sides of eggplant with Pam. Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membrane. Arrange bell pepper halves, skin sides up, on baking sheet with eggplant; flatten with hand. Broil 4 minutes; turn eggplant over (do not turn bell pepper over). Broil an additional 4 minutes; remove eggplant from pan. Broil bell pepper an additional 7 minutes or until blackened. Place bell pepper in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand for 15 minutes; peel and discard skin. (or don't do that, because I didn't! I was hungry and didn't care about the skin!)


3. Broil bread slices for 2 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. Spread 1 tablespoon pesto on one half of the bread slice, I did mine on the top.  Layer each bread slice with 2 eggplant slices, 1 bell pepper half, and 2 eggplant slices. Put the spinach in there somewhere!  Spread 1 tablespoon of goat cheese on the other half of the bread slice; then put together and enjoy!
Tell me that doesn't look amazing!!
This next recipe is part already made, and is sort of a cop out, but I didn't have much time! So I just did what I had to do to make soup!


Creamy Tomato Basil Soup

Ingredients:
2 Cans of Tomato Basil Soup- I used Campbell's Healthy Heart
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp dry oregano
1 tsp dry basil
1/2 tsp garlic salt
2 bay leaves
2 tsp sage
black pepper to taste
1/4 cup of fresh basil
1/2 of a tub of light sour cream ( I used an 8 oz tub), use more or less depending on your taste

Preparation:
1. Just dump the cans into a pot on medium on the stove and let simmer, add in all the dry herbs, bay leaves and the pepper.

2. 2-4 minutes before serving, turn down the heat to low, as low as it can go, give it a really good stir and add in the sour cream and stir until incorporated. And serve! It's so good, and the light sour cream takes the place of heavy whipping cream! Enjoy and feel free to add more or less sour cream.

Soup and Sandwich


All that yummy good-ness


Now on to my day!! First things first!! I LOST 7 pounds on that cleanse!!! That's a lot of water weight!!! I mean maybe some of that is real weight, but holy cow!! 7 pounds!! I like this cleanse, and will keep it in mind for the future.

Today was my first day of 5k training! I went out and almost made 2 miles!! But I am doing a version of the couch to 5k. And so I ran for a minute and walked for a minute and a half. It's slow going, but I did run! At the end I sure was dragging though!

That's not to say that I won't gain some of it back, I'm sure I will. But I was nice to cleanse my system of extra water and toxins. Now I just need to be sure to keep drinking lots of water. I was drinking a gallon + a day.



It was around sunset when I went out, and I had to get a couple of pictures of this lovely pond! I went running around a golf course that my brother lives on. It was nice and cool, except near the apartments! 


I'm all sweaty and red faced!! But this is the smile of a chick who is going to run a 5k in a couple of months!!


Gotta love the trusty inhaler, I really need a fanny pack or something to keep all my crap in. My leggings don't have pockets, so I dropped my purse with my keys off at my brother's place and then ran. I meant to put out my gallon of water on the car for when I passed by, but I forgot so by the time I made it back to Phillip's place I was sooo thirsty! The sad thing was that I was so tired that I didn't remember that I had my purse slung over my shoulder and could have easily put my inhaler in there!


Here is a 100% unflattering picture of me guzzling down water out of my gallon jug! Yes I'm one of "those people" who carry around gallons of water and drink out of them. Yes I may not be a weight lifter, but I'm getting loads of water in my system!! 

I'm very proud of myself for starting this! Just one more goal in my giant bucket list of things to accomplish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment