Monday, May 21, 2012

Vegetarian for a day

So my original goal to go without sugar has lasted two months! (But more about that later...)

A giant Bluejay I saw at the bank on Saturday
Saturday was Corey's 29th birthday and so we were going to celebrate by doing whatever Corey wanted to do. We went to the Greek Food Fest, played DDR (dance dance revolution), watched Battleship (which was REALLY good!!) and then we went to eat at Cajuns Wharf.

At the Fest, I did something really bad... I had baklava and ice-cream! I really really wanted it, but it wasn't nearly as good as I remembered it was. It was way to sweet. The baklava only has honey in it, but the ice cream has real white sugar.

Sundae in Athens
DDR was fun, and so was Battleship. Now to what I'm sure you really want to know... was I good for dinner? No... I ate way too much food, but all of it was pretty light. It was rich though, and it messed my stomach up.

Oysters Beneville
That picture is one of the things I ate for dinner. It was sooo good, but like I said, very rich.



I have been feeling so dang bloated lately, I think it might have something to do with MMV (Mr. Monthly Visitor- for lack of a better term). But I don't know if that's the only problem. It has been more than just this past weekend. It wasn't just all the crappy eating.

So in light of this I have decided to do a small cleanse, just to get all the added sodium out of my body and to also get out any toxins. I mean I workout every day, and things build up in your body from that and from what I eat. So it will be good to eat fresh and healthy foods for two days!

I'm doing Dr. Oz's 48 Hour Weekend Cleanse, I like it because it isn't about depriving your body of healthy things. You drink water, you eat veggies, and it only lasts two days.

So the cleanse has gotten me thinking. I lasted two months without knowingly eating refined sugar (I may have eaten it, but not on purpose) I am going to keep staying away from refined sugar, but I'm going to start adding back in natural sugars, like honey. My initial goal was to go without for a month!

With the goal to go two days without meat, I've been thinking maybe my next dietary goal is to go without meat. I'm going to try it for a month. And that's starting today! No more meat! I don't know if I'll be able to do it, but I'm going to do my best!

My yummy salad!

Cabbage Soup? Tastes like Chicken Pho

Oh I also wanted to brag about myself, today I worked out, but before that I painted my mom's new porch roof! I painted it white. I still have some to do, and part of a wall, and the ceiling. I worked from 10 this morning to about 4! My bodybugg loves when I'm active all day and I do too!
This is only half of the porch




No comments:

Post a Comment