Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

For most people, the most wonderful time of the year is Christmas... my favorite time of the year is May, not because of my birthday, but because of the Little Rock Greek Food Festival. Talk about amazing food! We are going tomorrow at work, and then we are going for Corey's birthday celebration. So that's two times I'm going to eat there! Scary! I'm terrified of over eating!

The bodybugg says I should be eating 2000+ calories because of my weight and because of my activity level. When I had calculated previously how many calories I should be eating it was around that number. But every other place I went said that I should have 1500 calories. So I'm going with the bodybugg because for now, that's how I'm counting calories. Maybe that's why I have been having cravings, because my body wants FOOD! Just because I get extra calories, doesn't mean that I'm going to gorge myself on bad food! Now I get just a little bit more meat.

Anyhow, all that to say that I do have some extra calories to throw around. Plus I have a half hour workout tomorrow. I'm very excited now that I can see how many calories I'm burning, its just more incentive to work out! How many calories do I burn when I do yoga and my 20 minute core workout? 800! Crazy!

Tonight, because my bodybugg said that I should walk 10000 steps, and Corey needed to go for a walk/run. So I did what I have been wanting to do for the past two months, which is start training for a 5k. Today we did the first run/walk and went 1.5 miles, in 25ish minutes, which is great considering that that's a little less than a 5k! So now just to keep going! Maybe in a couple of months I'll be ready to run a 5k with my hubby!

OMG... so in an effort to walk more I went outside to walk some more with our dog Honey. We walked up and down the street (trying to get her to go to the bathroom). On the way down the street, a bug flew down my tank top!!! I was wearing a tank top that had gotten too big, and I had two sports bras under it for when I ran (I didn't run in the tank top). And I had to fish around in my cleavage and grab the bug and throw it out. It might have been a moth, but it buzzed around and it didn't feel soft like I thought a moth would feel like. Needless to say it freaked me out, and I covered my boobs up way better.

Something that I have been wanting to do is to is every 10 pounds to talk about the benefits of my new loss. I think it will be interesting to look back, because I won't really remember what changes my body had gone through when I have lost 50 pounds, or 100!

A 20 Pound Difference:

  • My tight blue jeans fit
  • I have more energy
  • My husband is starting to be able to tell a difference!
  • My double chin is getting smaller
  • I can fit into clothes right out of the dryer
  • I don't feel like I'm going to die every day of the week
  • I RAN!! Not just jogged, but RAN!
  • Some of my clothes are loose
  • My wedding rings are loose
  • When its time to eat a meal or snack, its time to eat, my body gets hungry really easily



No comments:

Post a Comment