Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Beyond Awesomeness

Tonight I have two recipes. I'm saving my taquito recipe for an off day, I said yesterday that I would post it today, but I found something better!! Which I made for dinner tonight.


First off I have two recipes, the first was my dinner, which is Spinach Lasagna Rolls, and the second is Blueberry Cheesecake Pie. Yes it is sugar free... and yes, it's amazing!


I got this awesome recipe on skinnytaste.com  but as always I added some stuff to it because I just can't help myself. So feel free to go over there for the original recipe. I added some turkey sausage and some spices to the tomato sauce. I wanted a little meat to mine. I also used whole wheat noodles.




Ingredients: 

  • 9 whole wheat lasagna noodles, cooked
  • 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely drained
  • 15 oz fat free ricotta cheese 
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 egg
  • salt and fresh pepper
  • 32 oz tomato sauce
  • 9 tbsp (about 3 oz) part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • 1.5 tsp oregano
  • 1.5 tsp garlic powder
  • 1.5 tsp onion powder
  • 6 Jimmy Dean precooked turkey sausage links (its two servings) chopped up

Directions: 


Preheat oven to 350

Combine spinach, ricotta, parm, egg, salt, pepper, 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp garlic,1/2 tsp onion powder, turkey sausage in a medium bowl. 

Also combine tomato sauce, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp garlic powder 1 tsp onion powder in a bowl. Ladle about 1 cup of sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 12 baking dish

Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles are dry. Take 1/3 cup of ricotta mixture and spread evenly over noodle. Roll carefully and place seam side down onto baking dish. Rinse and repeat with each noodle. 

Ladle the rest of the sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top with 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese. Put foil over dish and bake for 40 minutes or until cheese melts. Makes 9 rolls.
This is the whole 9 rolls





This is what one serving of it looks like!














I decided to do a separate post for the dessert because it is an Experimental Baking post. So I am going to share the link with you here. But I'm also going to post the recipe here, because I want to have them both on this page for you who are reading today. 

Blueberry Cheesecake Pie
Preheat oven to 400

Pie Filling

Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs
  • 1- 8 oz pkg fat free cream cheese (room temperature) 
  • pinch salt
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1- 9" unbaked pie shell
  • 2 packets of Truvia (I guess maybe thats 2 tsp)

In a blender whip the cream cheese then add in the eggs, vanilla, salt and milk together. Blend it all together, it should be smooth so if it is lumpy you may need to let it warm up a little and then try whipping it again.

Pour into pie shell. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temp to 325 and continue baking for 20 minutes. Let pie chill for about 15-20 minutes before adding the topping.

Blueberry Topping

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups (or 1 bag frozen) blueberries
  • 1 Tbsp cornstarch
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 packets of Truvia
In saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook, stirring constantly, until it has thickened. 
Cool slightly. Spoon over cream cheese pie. Chill.


The reason there is a piece missing is because Corey doesn't like blueberries. So I cut him a piece so that he could try it. He said that just the cheese cake didn't taste sweet. But I think it would have been sweet to me because I don't eat sugar.





It was crazy delicious! 

Calories in 1 serving of Pie:
Calories: 205, Fat: 8.5 g, Cholesterol: 54.4 mg, Sodium: 308.7 mg, Potassium: 43.7 mg, Carbs: 23.6, Sugar: 5 g, Protein: 7 g









No comments:

Post a Comment