Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Experimental Baking part 4


I am super excited about this post! Finally a recipe that tastes just like I think it should! I loved it so much and I hope that you do too! It took so little time, and was terribly easy. Plus I want you to check the calories at the end of the recipe. 200 calories may seem like a lot of calories but if you compare that to a cheese cake factory piece that has maybe 400-500 calories, its really not that bad for a treat! I'm going to have to give some of it away because knowing me I'll go and eat the thing. So I'll pick out two more pieces and give the rest to my mom's office. 

Anyway! Here is the recipe!

Blueberry Cheesecake Pie
Preheat oven to 400

Pie Filling

Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs
  • 1- 8 oz pkg fat free cream cheese (room temperature) 
  • pinch salt
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1- 9" unbaked pie shell
  • 2 packets of Truvia (I guess maybe thats 2 tsp)

In a blender whip the cream cheese then add in the eggs, vanilla, salt and milk together. Blend it all together, it should be smooth so if it is lumpy you may need to let it warm up a little and then try whipping it again.

Pour into pie shell. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temp to 325 and continue baking for 20 minutes. Let pie chill for about 15-20 minutes before adding the topping.

Blueberry Topping

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups (or 1 bag frozen) blueberries
  • 1 Tbsp cornstarch
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 packets of Truvia
In saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook, stirring constantly, until it has thickened. 
Cool slightly. Spoon over cream cheese pie. Chill.


The reason there is a piece missing is because Corey doesn't like blueberries. So I cut him a piece so that he could try it. He said that just the cheese cake didn't taste sweet. But I think it would have been sweet to me because I don't eat sugar.



It was crazy delicious! 

Calories in 1 serving of Pie:
Calories: 205, Fat: 8.5 g, Cholesterol: 54.4 mg, Sodium: 308.7 mg, Potassium: 43.7 mg, Carbs: 23.6, Sugar: 5 g, Protein: 7 g





No comments:

Post a Comment