Monday, February 11, 2013

Beautiful Sunday

I had told you that Corey and I were going to get a bike for him (somehow) and go and ride on Saturday. Well, Satruday came and the warmest it got was around 46 and it was cloudy and rainy all day plus I wasnt feeling well enough to go riding around in such cold weather, so we just went out for dinner and nixed the idea of the bikes. Needless to say, I was really dissapointed but it just wasnt a good day for it.

I'm still not at 100% yet, which is 100% frustrating. I'm just ready to be over this! I'm currently at the coughing-up-nasty-stuff stage. I'm not coughing because my throat tickles or hurts, but because somthing needs to get out. Waking up in the morning is the worst because its all kinda disgusting!

Yesterday was beautiful. I woke up around 6 and took the dogs out, because if you get up in the morning and just look at them, they have to go out and you cant ignore them. I ate breakfast because my stomach was full of snot and was protesting all that ickyness. Then it started to storm and I went back to sleep! I woke up (for the second time!) and it was 50 something, partly sunny, and beautiful! When Corey got up, I told him that we needed to do our biking today because it was so gorgeous outside!

We got all our stuff together, and went to Target to get some sunglasses, water, and a tire pump, because my brother Phillip said that if I wanted to borrow his bike, that I would need a tire pump. So we picked all that up and headed over to his apartment. He was super nice to let us borrow his mountian bike. Originally Corey was going to take Phillip's bike and I would be on mine, but Phillip is a lot shorter than Corey (just few inches taller than me) and so his bike didnt really fit Corey. So I rode Phillip's bike and Corey was on mine, because the frame of mine is a lot taller, and I have the seat adjusted to be really tall. We got the bike, and the pump didnt work, it was a POS! So we decided to return it later, and used my teeny hand pump to pump the tires.

 
Finally, we got both bikes strapped into my bike rack and we were off to Little Rock to bike! Poor Corey hadnt biked in years, but I think he still had fun. It was a beautiful day, and there were loads of people out at the same time we were, guess we all had the same idea! Dont want to waste a beautiful day! So we had to dodge a lot of walkers, and runners, and other bikes had to go around us, because we werent going very fast.

This about sums us up, me happy and Corey suffering through pictures!


The problem with Phillip's bike (and there were several) was that it was still a little low for where I like to bike, so I didnt have the leverage that I'm used to on my bike to pedal fast. Another, was that my seat is made for a girl's butt! I got it especially for a girl because (and you dont have to read this part if you dont want to) it hurt my girly parts to ride for a long time! I got rid of the seat that came with my bike and replaced it with a memory foam seat with a hole cut out of the middle! haha! Needless to say Phillip's bike did not have this handy seat! Oh, and the last thing was that I think the ballence is off on his bike because it felt really bouncy and not smooth, so I'm not sure what that means, but it was like riding a horse!

Corey leaving me in the dust on my own bike!

We biked for almost an hour and forty minutes! We went 9 miles and it was great fun! Afterwards we were both starving, so we went to Big Orange for dinner (forgot to take a pic of it because we were so hungry!) they are a burger place, but they have vegetarian options, which I love! I had a falafel and lintel burger with saracha, taziki sauce, cucumber and fries (dont judge they were truffle oil fries SO GOOD!) Corey had some big burger with meat, and bacon and cheese, looked kinda gross, but we split the fries, and I couldnt finish my burger!

 
After dinner we wanted dessert, but we werent hungry at all. Period! So we decided to drop the bikes off in Benton, and then go back to Little Rock (its 15 minutes away, so not far at all) and find something sweet, hey, its our Valentines day! That's exactly what we did, dropped my bike off at the house, and then Phillip's off with him and were back on the road, and much less full by this point. We went to Cantina Laredo and I had a mexican apple pie and he had a mexican brownie. My pie is a piece of apple pie on a hot plate (like fajitas) and they pour this rum butter all over it, and its topped with cinnamon icecream! Corey's was the same, except with a brownie and vanilla icecream! So worth the cheat!

Also, I thought I would share that the puppy got a hair cut this weekend! Poor little guy was all matted up! He really needed some TLC, and they charged me for it! But he doesnt have any more mattes and is looking adorable! When he gets a hair cut all I see are legs and neck! He has long legs for such a little guy!

Axel, sleeping in my mom's lap! I think he gets cold easily now!


 

 
I weighed today, but I dont know if mom's scale and mine are the same so I'm going to wait to get back to Ruston to weigh for the week. It's my old scale, and it was on the fritz when I got the new one that I took with me to Ruston, so I'll just wait to record my weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment