Thursday, February 28, 2013

Insanity week 2

I'm almost done with the second week of Insanity and I can tell a difference in my body already! My jeans are fitting better and I just feel better. I was telling a friend that I dread doing the workouts, feel like I'm going to die when I am doing it but afterwards I never regret doing it. Really, they arent that long, which is nice. That's one thing about Turbo Fire that is a good/bad thing. Sometimes the workouts are 15 minutes and others are 55, which makes it hard to find the right amount of time to do it. But these are around 40 minutes every time, and that is really really awesome!

So I'm on the "quarter break" or at least thats what they call it. So a few weeks ago I messaged my best friend, who I havent seen in a whole year (yeah life happens!) and we decided that my break would be a good time to visit because she has a kid and its hard for her to drive 6 hours with him in the car. And I dont blame her a bit. I'm in Jonesboro this "weekend" or at least until Saturday. I'm super excited. Last night we went to eat at a mexican restaurant and I had vegetarian fajitas! It was soooo good! This is the first time I've been able to eat fajitas since I started the vegetarian thing. There was way too much food. And last night was the first night that I havent woken up starving. So I think that the apple cider vinegar for my ulcer is working.

Today we are going to lunch with my old room mate Ben, and later tonight we are going to Zumba class that one of our friends from Arkansas State teaches. I hope she feels like doing it considering that I talked her (not very much though) into doing insanity with me. She said she liked it, but that it was hard.

So I have a crap load of pictures to show you from all the past three days of insanity. I did double up yesterday and do two days, thankfully one was the cardio recovery. Which was nice, but my legs are super sore from it.

     Day 9


      Day 10


  Day 11

  Day 12


Now we're up to date! I started writing this blog post this morning, but I got interrupted by the day and so I thought because today had gone so well I would just finish out the post.

So for lunch Mylie and I went to lunch at Panera Bread Co. I had part of a bread bowl with bean soup and a salad. It was excellent! Then we drove around town so I could see the changes that happened this past year. After that we walked around the mall. We found one of those crazy color coordinated accessory shops and played in there for about an hour.


I may not feel comfortable wearing clothes, but I DO love me some headbands! I think I tried most of them in the store on my head. It was super fun! Then we just walked around talked, and went to different stores. Those shoes are super tall and look like hooker shoes. Very sparkly. Not anything that I would ever wear! And some chick commented on them while I was trying them on and said they looked good! Ha! Too funny! 

Mylie had handbell practice tonight and couldnt go to the Zumba class our friend teaches. So I just went. After doing a morning of insanity. I looked at the bodybugg and I burned more calories doing Zumba than I did in insanity! I wonder if there are Zumba classes in Ruston... something to look into. It was a blast! And I totally felt the burn. I told her that I wished I lived up here so I could keep doing it with her! 


Ashleigh is adorable and has lost a ton of weight! She was already teeny but now she is even more teeny! I LOVE that I've been able to eat healthy and workout on this trip, because I was so scared that I wasnt going to be able to.

Maybe when I'm in Benton I can see if there are any Zumba classes going on there or even in Little Rock I loved it, it was so much more than the DVDs and the Wii game! I want to do it again.

All this exercising has given me a super amount of endorphins and I'm in a really good mood!

I also want to give a shout out to Hollie who I met at the class tonight! She said she wanted to read my blog which makes me happy. I dont know what her story is yet, but she looks fantastic and can Zumba with the best of them! Girl you rock and I'm glad to have met you!


















































2 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel! I found your blog! Super excited about reading it! :) Thanks for my shout out girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it to the blog Hollie! Good luck on yours! Cant wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete