Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Sick sick sick

I despise being sick. I feel like my body has betrayed me. Monday morning I started coughing, by Monday night I had a fever and was achy, Tuesday I called into work. I tried to go to class, but made it about 30 minutes in before they told me to go home, and that they would tell Marie (the graduate coordinator) that I was really sick. I spent the rest of the day on the couch napping and feeling like total shit.

So now I'm not better, but I dont feel like I'm going to die. I'm going to go to class today because I cant stand missing it, plus I need to go to the graduate reviews (which is what I missed last night, and why they had to tell Marie I was ill). So I still have a fever, but not as bad, and I think with some ibuprofen I should be able to get through all of it.

I'm just ready for this week to be over with. I'm so dang tired. Thankfully I am off for the next couple of days because of Mardi Gras. Mainly Monday-Wednesday. So thats cool! Then all I have is the rest of the month to get through and I'll be done with the Winter Quarter. I signed up for classes on Monday and I'm taking three, which doesnt sound like a lot, but it is. Two classes I think means you'll be crazy busy as a grad student. I'm taking History of Communication Design, Conceptual Theory and Grad Seminar. So yeah, busy busy busy!

I am not having any further pain from the ulcer, which is great. I was drinking peppermint tea when I first got this sickness, and about 3-4 hours later I would wind up feeling like I was going to puke, and then I would run to the bathroom, fart and be sick. Yeah TMI, but I stopped drinking it after that. It only happened when I drank the tea.


I'm ready to be able to workout again, I havent all week because I have felt so awful. I'm not on a strict I have to do this even when I'm sick schedule, sometimes our bodies need to rest, and I think one of the reasons I got sick, is that I havent been giving myself the rest I need. Trying to fit everything into the day is so hard, but I havent been sleeping nearly enough and thats just not good for the body. When I get well, I'm going to have to rethink how I need to work through my schedule. Getting up at 5 to work out when I went to bed at 12 may not be the right thing to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment