Friday, February 8, 2013

What's Eating You?

I'm feeling better, not tons better, but some better. I've been sick for a whole 5 days now. Which consists of my whole school week. I missed two days of class, which sucks. But I'm on the mend, and thats what matters.

Last night was the Art Crawl in downtown Monroe. One of my classmates has a gallery/studio there and so every time there is a Crawl, she shows artwork for one night in her gallery. I showed up to work, and because I couldnt talk my boss sent me home. (So I went back to the house and went back to sleep. Yeah, sleep. I sleep better on my couch than I have at night. Last night all I did was swallow and cough up nastiness. I'm just ready to be well!) When I got up around 11, emailed my friend (who owns the gallery) and asked what we were doing for class. She said that we were going to help her getting the gallery ready for the Crawl. She said I didnt have to be there, but I was ready to get out of the house and do something other than lay around. 

I met one of my other class mates (the only other class mate!) and she drove us to Monroe. We got there about 2, and for the next 3 hours got the gallery ready to go. I mostly just sat and made signs and cards for the artwork. Which was fine with me. By the time the artist had given her talk, and the Crawl had really started going, I was way too tired to go see the other galleries. So we headed home and I laid back down on the couch! It was a long day, and I felt like maybe I pushed a little too hard yesterday. I sure didnt sleep well.


Sometimes when I'm just walking around the house or doing something, I'm struck with ideas for this blog! My idea came today from the fact that I'm sick of eating! If I could get away right now with not eating anything I would. Last night because I got home and didnt feel like doing anything I ordered a cheese pizza, I had a couple of pieces, but the smell of it made me sick to my stomach. And at lunch, I was going to have a bocca burger, but it smelled too much like real meat when I heated it up, and I couldnt eat it. Maybe because I've been so tired, I havent much felt like cooking, and so I'm just tired of eating. 

Today for lunch I had hummus, carrots and then my raspberry smoothie (it has flax seeds, raspberries, almond butter, water and spinach) because I just didnt feel like eating anything, much less cooking! If I didnt get hungry I wouldnt eat.

Speaking of eating, it will be interesting to see what this weekend is going to be like, because of the Mardi Gras break I have Monday-Wednesday off, and I'm super excited about it. And I'm going home! We are going to do Valentines day this weekend rather than next weekend, because of me having so many days off in a row. Every year we trade off on Valentines day and our anniversary. But the annoying thing is that whoever did the anniversary last, has to do Valentines next, so you have to figure out two things in a row. So I did the anniversary and now I'm doing V-day. I want to do something fun. I dont want to go out to eat and get all dressed up. I wish we both had bikes, because we could go on this cool biking trail I found and have lunch out there. That would be fun. But, no such luck! Maybe I can rent a bike. That would be cool. I have a bike rack on my car that I left at my moms... Hmmmmm.... Well I hope Corey doesnt read this before Saturday!

I just want to do something active! No sitting around eating and getting fatter. Plus we havent done anything like this before. I know I can ride a bike, it would suck if he couldn't! But I'm pretty sure that he can. I just looked up a place to rent a bike, and its not that expensive! This should be fun. Now I'm excited about it. I just hope I feel up to it, and the weather holds out!


So here is an old picture of me from December, and one of me today, on a side note, can you tell a difference yet? Thought I would include some kind of picture in my blog today!


I included the dog because I didnt have another picture to put in there! Hahahaha!



No comments:

Post a Comment