Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Dig a little Deeper

So...

Where to start today? I guess I'll just start with yesterday and move forward.

I forgot to bring a snack with me to work yesterday morning and so by the time I got to lunch (which I ended up eating late) I was starving. I got off work, and that was the only time to go to the grocery store, so I ran to the store, ran home and ate a light lunch. I had it light because I wanted to workout, but I didnt want a really heavy meal, but it wasnt enough food for missing a snack and not eating lunch on time. When this happens usually I get a really sour stomach that lasts all day, and part of the next, and so far, that has proved to be true this time as well.

I did workout, I didnt have class because I had a committee meeting with my graduate advisors, so I worked on photos and then I did Fire 45. It was so hard to finish that workout. I almost quit about 30 minutes in, but I talked myself back into it, because I felt so horrible I didnt go as hard, and I did finish. The only problem with this workout is its hard on the knees, and I'm terrified I'm going to hurt my left knee which has been sort of twinging with pain when I do certain things.

I ended up eating the rest of the dal with some greek yogurt in it, but I think I put too much because at the end the taste was really bothering me. Bleh! So maybe not so much next time. I didnt have time to eat a really big meal, which I deserved after having only 300 calorie meals all day. When I got home from the meeting I did have half a beer, crackers, and an egg white sandwhich and cheesecake to eat up some calories because I had a ton left to eat.

Speaking of my committee meeting. I swear every time I get out of one of these I have no idea how to fix the problems they are telling me are in my photographs. Its terribly frustrating. I have no answers. I know these meetings are great, and if my photographs were perfect I wouldnt be here, and there would be nothing to critique. But every flaw gets pointed out, and I just dont know where to go from here. I'm so confused and shell shocked this morning. I need to take some pictures tonight, but I just dont know where to go from here. I know I just need to keep shooting, but what do I need to shoot? I am so confused.

I do feel like I'm torn, I am trying to fit so many things into my days. School, work, exercise, eating right, cooking food that I can actually eat, photography and other things I'm just not thinking of, and I'm not making it work very well.

Friday I have to have an artist statement and 10 images to show my graduate seminar class, and now I feel so confused about my work that I dont even know if the statement fits what I'm working on right now. I dont have a week to mull this over, because I have to have images on Tuesday, plus I dont think not working is going to do me any good.

*sigh* or *cry* :(

This is how I feel about what they want me to do, every time I think about digging, this song pops into my head. Dig deeper to find these photos!


No comments:

Post a Comment