Monday, January 21, 2013

What is today?

Because we are out of school today I keep forgetting that today is Monday and not Sunday. Thank you Martin Luther King Jr. for all you did, and all the inspiration you give us today, and for getting me out of class!

This weekend I went home to Benton to make some pictures and video tape food being made. It was a good weekend. I think its safe to say that I'm now obsessed with Indian food. Honestly, I really really am. I love it. You know I should start posting recipes again. I always like sharing my recipes, but really I'm running out of time to do things. At this point I feel lucky just to be able to post! Its not lost on me that I'm only posting 2-3 times a week, but for right now, its about all I can manage.

I did start working out today. The whole Turbo Fire program that I'm following is 20 weeks. I know I can do this for 5 months. Its not going to be easy, because finding time to workout is difficult. I'm just going to either have to do it at night or force myself to get up and do it in the morning. I am going with morning because its just easier, even if its not better, because who wants to get up at 5:30?

I have now officially lost another two pounds! Before I even starting working out and during a weekend of yummy eating! I know I had at least 3 cinnamon rolls! Which is what we made for my video and photographs. I know I probably would have lost more if I hadnt been so bad about water and about eating whatever I wanted. I mean I kept a reign on it when I got full I stopped. So I'm down 5 in two weeks! Not bad!

And this marks my two week anniversary of being a vegetarian. On this topic for a mo. so... I have decided that being a vegetarian is similar to being gay (its probably worse for a vegan or even a gay vegan, dont be offended here, what I'm about to say is true). Telling people is like coming out of the vegetarian closet, people are either really happy and proud of you and think what you are doing is awesome and want to be able to do it too. Or the look at you like you shot their dog, some people get really offended and take it personally that you dont want to eat meat. I wish I could say I was allergic to meat. That would solve a lot of annoyingness. So yeah, I went to my inlaws for my father in law's birthday this weekend. I was worried about what to eat, so I just packed a lunch and ate before we got there (its a three hour drive) and had a small plate of veggies and an egg so as not to offend. I was told to not even bother trying to explain the vegetarian thing.

I love my in laws- they are great! They remind me of my family, which is wonderful. But I know they think I'm crazy! I'm an artist, and whats worse than an artist? A photographer. Whats worse than a photographer in college? One that wants to go to graduate school. I'm the crazy artist wife that their son/grandson/stepson/nephew/cousin married and no one gets me. So whats worse than an artist? A VEGETARIAN ARTIST! Maybe next I'll go live in a tree.

No pictures for today, sorry! I'm going to go to bed soon (*gasp* its only 10:36!) I am beat! Tomorrow is my next workout wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! It went well! I think getting up at 5:30 is more of a challenge than working out!

    ReplyDelete