Friday, January 25, 2013

Virtual 5k Race Report

Yeah never thought you would see "Race Report" in one of my blog titles huh? So the run down on the walk:

Okay, so I know this is going to sound bad, but my alarm went off at 6 this morning and I knew I didnt have to be anywhere until 10, so I reset the alarm for 8 and went back to sleep. I honestly should have just gotten up because on top of the 5k that I was going to walk, I had planned to do Turbo Fire 55. So I had to squeeze all this in. I got up at 8, read for class, then went to school.

Our meetings with our faculty was running behind and I needed to be back at 10:45 to have time to take a shower, do the whole 55 minute work out and shovel some food into my mouth. I didnt get home in time, but I got started about 11, and so I did the Fire 55. Whew! It was long and I was pumped but tired afterwards. So I ran upstairs and took a shower, threw on some clothes, heated up some leftovers and rode my bike (yeah on top of all the workouts I still rode my bike!) to school.

I got off at 3, and I had to pay my electric bill, so I ran (biked) home to get my wallet, and my car. I decided on my way home that tonight I deserved a treat, so I went to the grocery store and got some flat bread and tomato sauce for home made pizza and some beer.

My little treat!

Finally I got home, but while I had been in the store the weather had changed. Earlier today it was warm and humid and right around 3:30 it changed to no humidity and about 10-15 degrees cooler! But that was not going to stop me, so I changed clothes (back into my nasty sweaty Fire 55 clothes, I hung them up!) and got the dog leashed and off we went!

It took us almost an hour, I probably should have chosen route that would keep me from stopping for traffic, but I wanted to get down to campus and walk around to let Axel stretch his little legs, (speaking of legs, he is now conked out on the quilt I'm crocheting for my mom!) We got down to the campus which I now know is less than a mile away!

The white blob that is not a sculpture is the dog
Around mile 2 my legs were really starting to hurt and I was ready to be done, but I knew I had more than a mile to go, and I was in the middle of campus, so I really didnt have a choice.

The dog ran out of pee about a mile in, but that sure didnt stop him from trying to mark every bush, telephone pole or any small mound of clover he saw!

The whole thing took me 58 minutes. I sort of over estimated the distance so its more like 3.36 miles rather than 3.1.


Happy Birthday to Katie over at runsforcookies.com! This was a super fun way to celebrate her 31st birthday by walking 3.1 (or 3.3) miles! If you havent checked out her blog, head over there!

The only thing that bothered me today was my eating. I mean I have been eating healthy and everything, but I just didnt have time for food. For a snack I had half a lara bar, and I was going to have half of another right before the 5k, but my mom got me the pecan pie kind, and the taste of it is weird. So far I have tried the key lime pie, apple pie, carrot cake, blueberry muffin and now pecan pie. I do like the apple, blueberry, and carrot cake but the others I can do without. I will just choke it down tomorrow, I dont want the bar to go to waste.

So I decided to have a beer and pizza, it was excellent for dinner, and I'm sure I'll be hungry around 7 since I had such an early dinner. I may just have some dal, or maybe some beer and pop corn.

Avocado on pizza is ah-may-zing!
All I know at this point is my body is saying "screw you bitch!" I think has given up on me at this point. I'm ready for some Grey's Anatomy and maybe I'll just fall asleep on the couch!



3 comments:

  1. Go you!! Love the humor in your blog post too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, "the dog ran out of pee"... that's a great way of putting it! ;) Congrats on the 5K and sticking it out to the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I feel lucky just to have done it! The dog really did run out of pee! I guess thats how I should gage my walks.

    ReplyDelete