Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Food is fuel not comfort

I read that on a friend's facebook post, and every time I say it in my head I think of that scene in Finding Nemo where they sharks are in a AA like setting and they said "Fish are friends not food!" And sometimes as much as I love food, I do stop thinking of it as comfort, especially when I have to eat the same thing for a week because that's my left overs. I shop and eat on a budget, I like to stay under 75 a week if I can manage it. I really like it when I can get under 50, which is my goal each week.

I've been watching The Biggest Loser, which I havent seen until this season and this week they gave each of the contestants 10 dollars a day to eat off of. One girl is now a team of one, and she only had 70  bucks to shop with. All I could do was laugh because I can eat for less than that for one person! I could probably feed a couple of people for 70 bucks a week!

I didnt have that great of a weekend to be honest, but I did weigh in yesterday and I LOST 3 POUNDS!!! WOO! Myfitnesspal says I've lost 11 so far. So thats great! If you are on Myfitnesspal add me: my username is ladylizzabeth. Its been helping me a lot with keeping on track with my calories, I really like to use it to make sure I'm getting enough protein. Speaking of which, I've been meatless for 3 weeks and going on my 4th! I dont miss it one bit, which I never thought I would say.

After feeling so crappy from the 5k and 55 minute workout, I didnt workout all weekend, or yesterday. The back of my knee still hurts, and I'm not sure whats going on. So I think that I need to rest it. But I am going to workout on my lunch break today come hell or high water!

So I figured I would share my recipe for the third less fat cheese cake, because it was amazing!


Marble Top Low Fat Cheesecake 
Original Recipe adapted from Chefinyou!

Ingredients:
3 packages of 1/3 less fat cream cheese (or use 1 bar of 1/3 less fat and 2 of fat free) room temp
1 egg
3 large egg whites
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
3 tbsp flour
1 cup gram cracker crumbs (you can use chocolate I like plain)
1+ tbsp butter melted
1 oz semi sweet chocolate

Directions:

Preheat over to 325

Crunch the gram cracker crumbs and add the butter to the crumbs (mine was kind crumbly add more butter if needed) Spray 9 inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Put the crumbs in the dish and pack down. You can pop it into the oven for a 5 minutes or so. The original recipe calls for it to be microwaved, but I suggest baking while you have the oven on.

In a mixing bowl combine all of the cheeses and mix until smooth. Next, add the sugar and flour and mix until incorporated. Add vanilla, egg whites and egg and mix. Pour cheese into the baking dish.

In a small bowl put the chocolate, microwave 45 seconds until it is melted. When melted add 3-4 drops of it (use all of the chocolate) to the top of the cheese mixture, take a fork and mix it around until it is swirly looking. Bake 35 minutes or until the cheesecake separates from the sides.

Let cool, cover and chill for at least 4 hours. Or just eat it when its hot like I did, and enjoy!







2 comments: