Thursday, January 31, 2013

Healthy Choices

I should have had some tea when I got up this morning, but I brushed my teeth before I had a chance to drink it, and green tea with lemon tastes disgusting after brushing your teeth!

I felt fine until I got to work and sat down, now I'm tired! How strange is that?

Because I'm updating in the morning I'll just talk about yesterday. I am still feeling down about my committee meeting, and still not sure about what direction I need to take my photographs. However, I'm doing better. Yesterday I worked out yay for HITT 20! It felt good and I'm glad that I made the time to do it after I got out of class.

Then, because I havent had a chance to cook all week because I've been too busy with school, I cooked dinner for the rest of the week. I really dont think it will last a week, maybe until Monday, but we'll see. I really just cooked a main dish and more of a veggie side dish. I made garden burgers and Keema Matar, it is basically a cauliflower curry kind of thing. It smells and tastes absolutely amazing. Both are from chefinyou.com. Like I said I really dont think they will last me a whole week, so I did get some beans, and I have a lot of lentils left over, I might run to the grocery store and see about maybe doing a vegetarian chili or maybe a lentil stew, because it got cold!

The burger is on the right, I forgot to add egg whites, so it was kind crumbly!

So my mom posted in our Women's Weight Loss group on facebook about finding a new healthy habit to do, or something not to do for the next month. I got to thinking about all the things I have subconsciously given up, and then the things that I have given up knowingly. I like to think that I'm making much better and healthy choices in my life. I have given up meat, but with that I have been forced to give up fast food. I have to plan meals out and cook a whole lot more. I give up a lot of free time to exercising. I mean just think of it, I work out 15-55 minutes 6 days a week. I totaled it and its a total of 4 hours a week. Thats one of my classes!

What healthy habit should I adopt next? My mom keeps saying "baby steps" and I like that idea. I dont think that I'm taking baby steps though, I feel like I just feel back into the steps I was taking when I was being healthy before, minus the shakeology. Should I give up sugar again? Or just try to eat clean on the week days, which means less than 5 grams of sugar for everything I eat. Drink more water? (I try to do this anyway, but its hard to drink a gallon of water knowing that you may have pee in the middle of class) I'm not sure. Should I keep doing what I need to do and later add more healthy habits? I dont want to bite off more than I can chew all at once! Just something to think about.

The past couple of days I have been so hungry! I dont know if it is from not eating enough breakfast, if it is, then I'm going to need to rethink my breakfasts. I was eating more when I didnt have cereal, but my usual breakfast is Special K.

This morning I got up at 5:30, because I knew there was no other time for me to workout today. I have work from 8-12, then lunch from 12-2 and then class from 2-5:50 and then work from 6-10. I could try to work out on lunch, but I'm always so sweaty that I dont have time to take a shower. Tomorrow will probably be a 5:00 day, because the only time I have to workout is in the am before my 8:00 class, and tomorrow is a 55 minute workout! Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment