Sunday, April 29, 2012

Experimental Baking Part Tres

Okay!! So this weekend was fun! My mom and I went to a get together called Body Mind and Soul (I think thats what it was called) and I got some awesome jewelry!! I'll take a picture of them real fast and post them before I get on to the baking part.




















Aren't they awesome!! I'm super excited! I got the red and blue one, and mom got me the gold one! Apparently, the lady that was selling them, makes the jewelry herself and they are all one of a kind. She said that she goes to different festivals in Arkansas and sells her jewelry for a quarter of the price she sells them in boutiques in California! So I really got some awesome and beautiful jewelry!

Okay so the recipe that I did today was a bread, a sugar free bread!! It was sooo tasty!



The recipe is actually two in one, you make the bread, and then you put it in a pudding. But I don't like pudding and the pudding recipe calls for fruit juice concentrate, which I just don't want to use.

So! Here you go!

Date Bread

Ingredients:
1 cup chopped dates
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup boiling water
2 eggs
1 Tbsp butter
1 1/2 cups whole grain flour
1 pinch of salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (you could leave these out)

Directions:
Put soda over dates. Pour boiling water over. Let set until cooled, then add rest of ingredients. Pour into greased 8x12" pan. Bake 375 for 25-35 minutes. Cool.

It actually gets a little sweeter as it sets, and it is lightly sweet, and soooooo good!


Date Pudding:

Whip:
1/2 pint whipping cream
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 pinch of salt
1 Tbsp apple juice concentrate

In Blender Mix:
1 small box instant butterscotch sugerfree pudding according to package directions.

At lowest speed mixer, mix pudding into cream.

Place in layers in servings dish:
date cake, cut up into small squares
2-3 bananas
pudding and cream mixtures (ending with pudding and cream mixture on top)

Top with:
Chopped nuts sprinkled over.

No picture of that! Didn't make it, but I bet it is very good!!



No comments:

Post a Comment