Monday, April 16, 2012

Under the microscope

I thought about titling this "not loving my body so much today" but I figured that wouldn't be very good, because I am trying to love my body. But to be honest, today I'm not loving it so much. I didn't lose any weight. *sigh* I know- I am gaining muscle. I realize this, I probably am losing inches (although not in a week- that would be scary!) which is great. But again with the honesty- when you step on the scale, you want to see those numbers go down!

Let me make something clear, I try not to look at that scale every day of the week, I don't think it does me any good, and it just makes all this about watching the scale go down little by little. And that's not my reason for doing this. I want to be healthy.

So really this week isn't my body's fault. It's mine. Mine for not eating what I needed to, for splurging, for eating out, and for not writing down exactly what I had eaten. When you eat out, quantifying what you eat is nearly impossible. Which is why its hard to eat out a lose weight. Back when Corey and I started losing weight in January (the dark days before Turbo Fire) we decided to not eat out for a month. Well I think I'm reinstating this rule. No sugar and no eating out. I need to get a handle on how much I do eat out, and I think that this rule is just the thing I need. Maybe for my birthday I can even get everyone to eat in. Maybe I'll get my family to do a little pot luck... something to think about.

I'm almost positive that I didn't drink enough water yesterday, that on top of eating out most of the weekend (even though I was very careful about what I put in my mouth) probably led me to this morning. So I'm going to drink my water today, and stick to my no eating out plan.

Also I'm going to write down everything that I eat. I was looking at the Turbo Fire food guide, and it's actually pretty awesome. I had read it when I got everything in, and I wasn't really going to follow it. One because I can't stand meal plans that I can't follow every day of my life, that I have to constantly look in a book to follow. Two because I thought I had everything under control in the food department. But it's clear I don't. Maybe I just need a plan for everything in my life... I just don't do well winging it...

So I'm looking at either working through the Turbo Fire food plan or my new book This is Why You're Fat. The first two weeks she tells you that you can eat anything you want as long as you add in 2 eggs, a cup of oatmeal, whey protein, 2 servings of fruit and 3-4 servings of veggies (not 100% clear on all the veggies). I don't know about you... but thats a lot of food! You wouldn't be hungry for anything else if you ate all that. Especially the oatmeal. 1 cup of oatmeal is 300 calories... thats a breakfast!

___________________________________________________________________________________

I was going to post about this yesterday but we got home from the in-laws way to late to do a long post.

Saturday night Corey and I went on a fun walk! We had seen this little bridge that goes from what looks like a parking lot to an island on the Little Rock side of the Arkansas river, and you can see this little bridge bridge as you are coming in from North Little Rock to Little Rock (on 430) or visa versa. The bridge lights up, the first time I saw it, it was purple. So we weren't sure how to get there, but Corey is very good at just figuring these things out, and he took a road and we ended up there! We had just eaten so it was a slow walk. But it was fun!

The bridge is pretty new, and its part of the Arkansas River Trail, that starts in downtown Little Rock and goes all the way to Pinnacle Mountain! Which is a long way for people not from around here!



Yes this means nothing to you, all you need to know is that we were at the neon green circled part with the awfully drawn green arrow! So we started walking and I told Corey to pick the paths because neither of us knew where we were going. It was very nice! We saw some deer, and we realized that it wasn't really an island. There was something in the bushes and it creeped me out. So we turned around at the rustling bushes because it was creepy, and because we realized the trail we were on, wouldn't loop around, it was going to go straight.

Then on the way back we passed some people that were talking about a bear being out in the woods... I told Corey the rustling was probably the bear.

Here are some pictures I took while we were out there!
Me and the bridge in the background

Pinnacle Mountain from the Bridge











No comments:

Post a Comment