Monday, April 23, 2012

One month done!

Today marks the first month of Turbo Fire! One down 4 to go! It went by so quickly. Not only has it been one month but I have great news!! I have lost 16 pounds! 16 whole pounds! I really can't believe it! Tomorrow I'll post pictures.

I was going to post yesterday about Earth Day and what we did to celebrate! Overall I had a great weekend! On Saturday we went to the Heifer Village and also to their International headquarters that are located in Little Rock! Who knew! It was so much fun, Phillip, my brother needed to go their for a class assignment. It was really interesting what we learned. We got to look around the village, which was not an actual village, I kinda expected some grass huts. The building was amazing and absolutely beautiful, and one of the most green buildings in America!

Me and Mom before we left to pick up Phillip

The top of the building is actually a way to gather rain water so that they can use it in the bathrooms and also in the heating a cooling systems

 The view from the 4th floor of Heifer's office building, you can see everyone getting ready for the Earth Day Festival!

This is a picture of Phillip with a replica of a Terra Cotta Warrior! Isn't he cute!?

After we got done touring the buildings and looking around the village, we were starving!! So we headed to the Festival for some food. They had a bunch of food trucks out there which was really cool because you usually just see those on Food Network! Who knew Little Rock had so many food trucks. So even though I said I wasn't eating out, I had a sandwich. It was wonderful, it was a roasted lamb sandwich which roasted bell peppers and onions and greens! 


Me and Phillip at lunch

Then we wondered around the Festival. I really didn't take many pictures, but I did record a video of some percussionists from OBU (Ouchita Baptist University) playing on instruments made from various recycled materials. 

It was pretty awesome! And they actually sounded okay! After a lot of walking around we went home. I hadn't worked out that morning, because I didn't want to get up, talk about not having a lot of motivation to get up and work out lately... So I was going to do it later, after we had gotten back. Mom said that she had wanted to get the yard mowed, but that she wasn't feeling good. So I offered to do it. I have mowed twice in my life, and Saturday was the second. I put on a sweat band and a hat because I didn't want to get sun burned and set out to mow the front yard. Well I got done with that, and decided that I still felt okay so I just ended up doing the whole thing. 

Our yard is huge. The whole lot is roughly the shape of a baseball diamond. And probably about as big. So I mowed a huge area, and it bothered me that I couldn't get to everything, so I pulled out the weed eater and finished the who thing!

I was exhausted, but I still wanted to do my workout. So I did my 20 minute core class, and then did my 40 minute stretch/yoga. By the end, my arms were shaking and I felt like shit. Usually I feel awesome after workouts. So I took a shower and grabbed my sweater and a blanket because it was really cold to me and went out and hung out in the hammock. I didn't take a nap or anything, but that hammock feels amazing on my back, because it is supported everywhere. I got the hammock in Mexico, everyone there sleeps in them. I don't think they have any back problems over there. 

Me in my amazing hat getting ready to mow

My beautiful back yard!! 

Me in my hammock. It was cold and windy!

Well it turns out that I did get a sun burn anyway. I don't tan easily, I burn. So I had gotten a little burn on my face from the festival, and when I mowed I didn't think about my arms being exposed, and I got burned there.

After such a huge workout on Saturday, I felt like crap Sunday. I slept late and didn't want to workout at all. I finally made myself do it, and it was so hard. I kept telling myself that I could and that I could make it through, but 45 minutes of it was too much after the day before, again I felt awful. But I got it out of the way.

Now I have a confession, if you have suck it out through this really long post, I have to tell you that I ate out (gasp!) on Sunday night and had Indian food! I was so hungry, and I've been more hungry. So I'm going to see about what I need to do to either eat more, or adjust what I'm eating so I don't feel like I'm starving. 








No comments:

Post a Comment